Psu

Arwinnd

Hello. I've got this kind of question. Can Power supply be still not 100% efficient ( by efficient I mean not even a little bit broken ) and work? My q. arise because of my motherboard died and so graphicscard, so I'm affraid of my psu might be broken. I can send OCCT PSU stress test results. Thank you for your answers. Sorry for my English. 

Yes it is very possible for a power supply to be functional enough to power up the computer, but not functional enough to allow the components hooked up to it to live for a long time.

You should post the model of your power supply. Generic power supplies tend to do this more often than high quality brand name ones.

I have OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W PSU. My PC Spec is: I5 750 ( when GPU stoped working it was for about 1.5 year OC to 3.8 GHz ) MSI P55 GD55 ( then, now i've got P55 GD65 ) GTX 570 ( On warranty, now I use GTX 260) 4x 2GB of DDR3 A Data 1600 MHz CL9 RAM. Thank You for Your reply, again sorry for my weak English. 

I can post here OCCT PSU Stress test results becouse I dont have AC voltage meter. I've done this test on MSI P55 GD65 and GTX 260 also ofcourse OCZ MoDXStream 600W.

i would go in the bios and check the voltages are not too high like the 3.3v and 5v and 12v rails are not over powering components so if your 3.3v rail was sending 4v thats a bad thing and causes components to break

CPU: i7 3770k 4.5ghz M/Board: Sabertooth Z77 GPU: Asus Gtx 560 Direct CUii OC RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Veangance PSU: Corsair CX600 Cooler: Custome Water Loop With Gentle typhoon 1850rpm fan, Single 120mm Rad, XSPC Raystorm CPU Block

Voltages are normal:

3.392 V
5.045 V

12.144 V sometimes goes to 12.232 V

Now my nvidia driver crashes all the time, i play league of legends or i browse internet I get black screen, ultra lag and it saids that my nvidia driver crashed and it is back to normal. This makes me angry as hell. 

What drivers are you on now? If you're on the 320.00 Beta try rolling back to the 314.22 WHQL driver. Try reverting back to stock clocks as well see what happens. There are a lot of variables in this kind of situation.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

So at the moment everything is okay? You are just having some stability issues?

By the sounds of things I would doubt it's your PSU, I would be looking at the software side of things first, like your drivers mostly your GPU (Download latest from manufacturer), but also your motherboard and check for any firmware updates.

Everything is on stock no oc at all, my software is ok i downloaded latest nvidia drivers and latest mobo drivers so i don't know what's wrong, I've done pc format.

If you are sure abou your software being ok I think you should do some benchmarks on your GPU and CPU and see if the PC is stable.

Do some stress testing and see if it crashes underload. As Linus said, the power supply might be enough to boot the computer, but not enough to power them all under full load.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Yes it is very possible for a power supply to be functional enough to power up the computer, but not functional enough to allow the components hooked up to it to live for a long time.

You should post the model of your power supply. Generic power supplies tend to do this more often than high quality brand name ones.

Can you please step aside and let the actual tech expert do the work? Thank you kindly.