More old stuff that needs help "Gates and Tubes(?)"

So as the first time worked like a charm with the last question, I've got some more stuff out of IBM machines.

As before my Grandfather tried to explain the parts as best as he could but again, it's been decades that he worked with them and his memory isn't the best.

According to him the parts (left to right) are an "Inverter", an "And-Gate" and an "Oscillator".

If anyone knows what and where each of them was used for with more precision than "The inverter inverts your signal" I would be very grateful to read and learn.

Also I hope you guys might enjoy that dive into the past and thanks beforehand.

Inverter IBM.jpeg

And Gate IBM.jpeg

Oscillator IBM.jpeg

25 minutes ago, BeralShakUr said:

So as the first time worked like a charm with the last question, I've got some more stuff out of IBM machines.

As before my Grandfather tried to explain the parts as best as he could but again, it's been decades that he worked with them and his memory isn't the best.

According to him the parts (left to right) are an "Inverter", an "And-Gate" and an "Oscillator".

If anyone knows what and where each of them was used for with more precision than "The inverter inverts your signal" I would be very grateful to read and learn.

Also I hope you guys might enjoy that dive into the past and thanks beforehand.

Looks like pluggable modules from IBM 604, or "thereabouts".

http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/IBM-604.html

If you scroll a bit down you find simmilar units.