Upgrade ram memory dilema 🤷‍♂️

I have HyperX Furt Black 2 x 8GB 3200mhz CL18 and I wanna upgrade my ram. I wanna upgrade to 24GB (money matters, maybe even 32GB but it's double the price here)

Btw if it is important, I have Ryzen 5 2600 on ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING motherboard.

Do i need another kit of 3200mhz CL18 or i can buy with other latency, CL16 for example?

Can I buy one more stick (so I'll have 3 ram sticks) and my memory will still be in dual channel or two more sticks is better?

And finally is it okay to mix it with other brands?

buy another one of the same memory kit you have and have 4 8 gb sticks. you could buy a different 16 gb kit of ram but it will run at the speed of the slowest stick so if you bought a faster kit or one with better timings it would run at the same speed of the one you have now.

41 minutes ago, ishapli8 said:

buy another one of the same memory kit you have and have 4 8 gb sticks. you could buy a different 16 gb kit of ram but it will run at the speed of the slowest stick so if you bought a faster kit or one with better timings it would run at the same speed of the one you have now.

So if I find HyperX Furt Black 2 x 8GB 3200mhz CL16 it will be okay? Cus for some reason CL16 is cheaper then CL18 (cus there are no many on our market atm)
And your suggestion guys is to go for 2x8gb not 2x4gb? 24gb sounds weird even for me..

2 minutes ago, srk1 said:

So if I find HyperX Furt Black 2 x 8GB 3200mhz CL16 it will be okay? Cus for some reason CL16 is cheaper then CL18 (cus there are no many on our market atm)
And your suggestion guys is to go for 2x8gb not 2x4gb? 24gb sounds weird even for me..

nope it has to match you might be able to tune it match the other kit but dual channel still may not work

Oh, ok, so i need to go with exactly same kit. Now I only have doubts should I get 8 more gigs or 16 more gigs 50vs90eurs..

1 hour ago, srk1 said:

Oh, ok, so i need to go with exactly same kit. Now I only have doubts should I get 8 more gigs or 16 more gigs 50vs90eurs..

If you get a cl16 kit they should all run at cl 18 because that would be the slowest timing out of the 2 kits.

3 hours ago, srk1 said:

You have to get a 2x8 kit. A single 8 would still only run in single channel. It could work if the motherboard supported tri channel but it doesn't.

1 hour ago, ishapli8 said:

If you get a cl16 kit they should all run at cl 18 because that would be the slowest timing out of the 2 kits.

Loosening the timings could work but its not a for sure thing.