My mobo/CPU keeps being returned as defective, but it's not. What is going on??

Sin Stalker

I have an fx-4300 and motherboard that I used as a media PC for several years. I upgraded that system and listed the cpu, mobo and ram on eBay. The first buyer claimed it wouldn't post and after some time troubleshooting, opened a case to return it as defective. 

When I got them back I tested it. It posted and loaded into windows without issue. So I assumed either they had a faulty part or took advantage of eBay's buyer protection, sticking me with the shipping bills. Either way it was done.

Since it worked fine, I reposted it on eBay and sold it the next day. Now this current buyer claims it's not posting. I've given them suggestions and made sure they werent using the motherboard video ports.

Does anyone have any idea why these people are having trouble with this system that boots perfectly for me? Is there a known issue with a solution i can suggest they try that'll fix the issue? 

Just to spit into the wind, You could have a mashed port that works for with your mashed connector.  It could also be you’ve got a driver loaded that isnt gettable any more so while it works for you when someone try’s to put a generic OS on it it fails.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Just to spit into the wind, You could have a mashed port that works for with your mashed connector.  It could also be you’ve got a driver loaded that isnt gettable any more so while it works for you when someone try’s to put a generic OS on it it fails.  

It won't even post, though.

If it refused to load into an OS, that's workable.

It also has a relatively fresh OS on it. I fresh install annually.