Youtube problems.

RKC
Go to solution Solved by Kisai,
30 minutes ago, RKC said:

I just want to know if this is the fault of my machine of my ISP because on my phone I can watch HD vids in youtube. In my laptop I can watch twitch perfectly but its only youtube that really has a problem. My ISP provider didnt help me at all.

If you're watching HD vids on your phone over LTE, then your wireless ISP has working IPv6. If you can get the phone to work on your WiFi but your PC will not (wired or wireless) to the same router, then that's a configuration problem on your PC. If both do not work over wifi/wired to the router, then the problem is the router or ISP.

My opinion, and this is based entirely on my own experience is that it's usually misconfigured CPE (Customer Premises Equipment), by which if you have another router somewhere on your network previously had a ipv6 tunnel setup before. This is why I asked you to run ipconfig to see what it's set to. If the network adapter has a "real" IPv6 address assigned, but it doesn't reach anything, then that's why you're experiencing this, but it can also be that it's trying to reach something using the self-assigned link-local address, and is requesting ipv6 AAAA records from the DNS rather than A records for ipv4. 

So the simplest solution is to turn off IPV6. You can check your mobile phone to see what ip address it has (just go to "what is my ip address" in google, if it says you're on a ipv6, then you're on v6. if it only shows v4, then you're on v4. Then compare the mobile to your fiber connection.

I have a fiber internet right now. Youtube cant even play HD vids on my latop but on my phone it can. I dont know what is happening but I am very annoyed and frustrated by this.

I can watch Twitch in 1080 to 720p on my laptop but Youtuber I can barely get 360p.

When I use CMD and ping for youtube this is what I see

halp.png

Do you have a working ipv6 connection?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

How are you connected? Wifi? Ethernet?

What are your speedtest results?

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

25 minutes ago, RKC said:

I have a fiber internet right now. Youtube cant even play HD vids on my latop but on my phone it can. I dont know what is happening but I am very annoyed and frustrated by this.

I can watch Twitch in 1080 to 720p on my laptop but Youtuber I can barely get 360p.

When I use CMD and ping for youtube this is what I see

halp.png

That looks like you have a broken ipv6 connection. do "ipconfig"

If your link-local IPv6 Address for the adapter begins with fe80:: but there's no "IPv6 address" line then that means ipv6 is turned on, but doesn't work.

fe80:: is the equivalent of "192.168.x.x"

In which case you might be forced to just turn ipv6 off. Test if all ipv6 sources don't work. Ping google.com (2607:f8b0:400a:804::200e) and ping cnn.com (2a04:4e42::323)

1 hour ago, DakotaWebber said:

How are you connected? Wifi? Ethernet?

What are your speedtest results?

Im using ethernet.

41 minutes ago, Kisai said:

That looks like you have a broken ipv6 connection. do "ipconfig"

If your link-local IPv6 Address for the adapter begins with fe80:: but there's no "IPv6 address" line then that means ipv6 is turned on, but doesn't work.

fe80:: is the equivalent of "192.168.x.x"

In which case you might be forced to just turn ipv6 off. Test if all ipv6 sources don't work. Ping google.com (2607:f8b0:400a:804::200e) and ping cnn.com (2a04:4e42::323)

How do you fix this? I contacted my ISP and they didnt help at all. I'm on my own.

I ping google same as my screen shot.CNN I got a ping from it

halp.png

10 minutes ago, RKC said:

Im using ethernet.

How do you fix this? I contacted my ISP and they didnt help at all. I'm on my own.

I ping google same as my screen shot.CNN I got a ping from it

halp.png

You can just turn IPV6 off on your PC, or turn it off in the router.

image.png.3e5a28381367af4a1fefb3ab074fa66d.png

Just uncheck the box and hit OK.

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Select the ethernet adapter you're using, untick ipv6. Hit ok, off you go.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

You can just turn IPV6 off on your PC, or turn it off in the router.

image.png.3e5a28381367af4a1fefb3ab074fa66d.png

Just uncheck the box and hit OK.

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Select the ethernet adapter you're using, untick ipv6. Hit ok, off you go.

I just want to know if this is the fault of my machine of my ISP because on my phone I can watch HD vids in youtube. In my laptop I can watch twitch perfectly but its only youtube that really has a problem. My ISP provider didnt help me at all.

30 minutes ago, RKC said:

If you're watching HD vids on your phone over LTE, then your wireless ISP has working IPv6. If you can get the phone to work on your WiFi but your PC will not (wired or wireless) to the same router, then that's a configuration problem on your PC. If both do not work over wifi/wired to the router, then the problem is the router or ISP.

My opinion, and this is based entirely on my own experience is that it's usually misconfigured CPE (Customer Premises Equipment), by which if you have another router somewhere on your network previously had a ipv6 tunnel setup before. This is why I asked you to run ipconfig to see what it's set to. If the network adapter has a "real" IPv6 address assigned, but it doesn't reach anything, then that's why you're experiencing this, but it can also be that it's trying to reach something using the self-assigned link-local address, and is requesting ipv6 AAAA records from the DNS rather than A records for ipv4. 

So the simplest solution is to turn off IPV6. You can check your mobile phone to see what ip address it has (just go to "what is my ip address" in google, if it says you're on a ipv6, then you're on v6. if it only shows v4, then you're on v4. Then compare the mobile to your fiber connection.

8 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Thank you so much my phone shows no IPV6 and I turned it off on my laptop and I can watch youtube vids again.