Zotac Amp Extreme 2080 Super

frozensun

So far I hope I won't be unlucky like some of the guys from amazon who in few hours got defected card...

I'm currently testing the card with MSI Kombustor.

Load temperature goes all the way to 81 C with my open case,and I think that is quite a lot....

That is for me huge con.

I'm surprised in negative way since this is triple fan cooler and the temp should be at least 5 C lower.

Card is very very beefyyyy and quite heavy...

as you can see on my picture it's head to head with NH-D15..

Fans spin at around 1600rpm..I know I can lower the temp with AB,which I will do soon with fan curve settings.

I didn't remove NVidia drivers I'm using the ones from 1660 Ti,cuz I'm lazy to go to safe mode lol.

I like the design,RGB lightning it's very very bright...

I got double the FPS from my 1660 Ti and quite FPS I needed for my 144Hz 1440P monitor.

I don't know how long should I test it with Kombustor,I will leave it for an hour and then play some games.

I have 7 days to test it and that is warranty period since I got it very veryyyyyyy cheaaapp.... 

20200710_180431.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

What MoBo are you using?  I'm surprised the card isn't running hotter with it pinned up against the CPU.

27 minutes ago, Mope El Two said:

What MoBo are you using?  I'm surprised the card isn't running hotter with it pinned up against the CPU.

Maximus Formula VIII.

It's because D-15 is an overkill for 6700K ;)

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

I'm so so so f..k happy,for first time in my life after 25 years into this stuff I play games at max/ultra with above 100 fps.

I remember 15 years ago when I played games at 15 fps (Thief,Condemned etc..)

I don't know what to throw at this card really,it's so powerful

Luckly I have good PSU and I wish not to have any issues with it...

Quite opposite is happening,it seems to me,knowing my rig that the card is heating CPU quite a bit...these max temps are too high I think.

Though I clocked the CPU to 4.5 GHz.

I can hear the coil whine now,when the  card is in idle...hope that is normal.

Screen Shot 07-10-20 at 07.32 PM.PNG

I just notice blue light flashing at the right side of the card,towards motherboard...got me so anxious...what could be sign of?

Unigine result:

Screen Shot 07-10-20 at 10.24 PM.PNG

OMG,I touched at this part (marked in red) and it is super hot,I couldn't hold a finger more then a sec...

Damn Zotac did messy cooling on this one,I'm surprised with triple fans card is reaching 81 C in games.

Should I crank up the fans via MB?

That is the only way to cool this thing down..

I see max speed of fans around 1600 rpm...

Tried to add a huge 200 mm case fan to blow air towards the card,thought it will cool down few degrees the GPU but nothing...sadly.

Is 81 C too much for this 2080 S?

It's a really bad motherboard design for what you're running; the GPU will never get enough cooling, and the GPU is contributing to the heat in the CPU.  Without going to another mobo, you could try a riser cable and find a way to mount and move the GPU away from the CPU.  Even a riser card may offer some help.  Short of that you could just mount the card in the x8 slot and see how that effects performance and heat.

28 minutes ago, Mope El Two said:

It's a really bad motherboard design for what you're running; the GPU will never get enough cooling, and the GPU is contributing to the heat in the CPU.  Without going to another mobo, you could try a riser cable and find a way to mount and move the GPU away from the CPU.  Even a riser card may offer some help.  Short of that you could just mount the card in the x8 slot and see how that effects performance and heat.

in what case bad MoBo Design?

It's not MoBo bad design,it's NH D-15 which is huge for any MB...

No matter,that card either way will go into another PC and will be installed vertically,but dunno if you know that some graphics card are not recommended to install vertically,it depends on fan bearings...

3 hours ago, Mope El Two said:

Picture perfect example on how a graphics card heats up my CPU...

But I don't care about that since this card is going into another rig,I'm surprised why D-15 is not rotating at faster speed because CPU heats up.

It's set with PWM mode..

Gotta investigate that...

cpu.jpg

True, the D15 does eat up the equivalent of a slot, and the way it's configured heat radiating from the GPU is getting sucked into the D15 across the CPU heat sink.  Hopefully the other rig has more space, or the mobo has 2 16x slots so you can create some space between the GPU and CPU.

I see this is a DX11 game, what have you run that's DX12 and can take advantage of some more of those GPU cores, and what kind of numbers are you getting on that?

9 hours ago, Mope El Two said:

True, the D15 does eat up the equivalent of a slot, and the way it's configured heat radiating from the GPU is getting sucked into the D15 across the CPU heat sink.  Hopefully the other rig has more space, or the mobo has 2 16x slots so you can create some space between the GPU and CPU.

I see this is a DX11 game, what have you run that's DX12 and can take advantage of some more of those GPU cores, and what kind of numbers are you getting on that?

hmm I actually haven't noticed that it runs under DX 11,why not with DX 12?

I'll check game settings...