This brand...?

SwagBossMan

Have you guys heard of this brand? Its the first I'm seeing of them and their price for the 650w is cheaper than the cheapest (in stock) 600w PSUs. If you know about them, I'll appreciate your word. Thanks in advance lads ❤️ 

image.png.07da1c43175368397831448ddf10a695.png

Considering you are looking to pay £40 for a PSU I’m going to assume you won’t need anything near 650w. What parts are you powering?

3 minutes ago, SwagBossMan said:

Have you guys heard of this brand? Its the first I'm seeing of them and their price for the 650w is cheaper than the cheapest (in stock) 600w PSUs. If you know about them, I'll appreciate your word. Thanks in advance lads ❤️ 

Probably uses top-quality Chinesium capacitors/circuitry... a Lyle special.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

Considering you are looking to pay £40 for a PSU I’m going to assume you won’t need anything near 650w. What parts are you powering?

Though I'm aware its a huge overestimate, i was looking to power an old GTX 770, while making sure the power supply could last me past this one config, leaving some wiggle room in the future. I get I won't need too much more than a 500w, but I wasn't aware of any damages for going with (reputable) higher capacities, right? 

4 minutes ago, SwagBossMan said:

Though I'm aware its a huge overestimate, i was looking to power an old GTX 770, while making sure the power supply could last me past this one config, leaving some wiggle room in the future. I get I won't need too much more than a 500w, but I wasn't aware of any damages for going with (reputable) higher capacities, right? 

The last time I checked, something like a CX550 was around £50 on Amazon and will power anything up to a 3700x and a 2070 super. 

4 minutes ago, SwagBossMan said:

but I wasn't aware of any damages for going with (reputable) higher capacities, right? 

The problem is that the PSU might not be able to output 650w on the 12v rail (that’s how I understand it anyway). It’s normally better to get a better quality, lower wattage unit than a lower quality, higher wattage unit. 

55 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Probably uses top-quality Chinesium capacitors/circuitry... a Lyle special.

Nope nope nopity nope nope.

230V only, double forward, group regulated... Fake 80 PLUS.

This thing has alarm bells all over it.

3 hours ago, SwagBossMan said:

no, don't. As the people above me have said, this is a sketchy unit. Best to go with something like a CX550/pp10/11 unit, as this definitely is absolute rubbish. Can't talk much about regulation, as I couldn't find any pictures of it's internals, but it's reasonable to assume that such a bargain-basement psu is group regulated

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned