A simple Ryzen question.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can achieve a 1:1:1 ratio with a 3800Mhz speed right? 

On Zen 2? It depends. 3600MHz (or 1800MHz rather) is obtainable on the vast majority of chips, but 1900MHz won't be as easy on most.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

On Zen 2? It depends. 3600MHz (or 1800MHz rather) is obtainable on the vast majority of chips, but 1900MHz won't be as easy on most.

Yeah that's what i thought previously, I think the new XT series chips may have fixed that or at least worked better higher speeds.

1 minute ago, Nexblitzer said:

I think the new XT series chips may have fixed that or at least worked better higher speeds.

Afaik the Interconnect will still probably do the same thing if not slightly better. 

1900 on the XT chips will still be a tough task for it imo. But we'll have to see more tests with it as I don't think anyone tested the FCLK for these chips yet I think.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

17 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

Yeah that's what i thought previously, I think the new XT series chips may have fixed that or at least worked better higher speeds.

I wouldn't bet on it being a whole lot better. 

With Zen 3 however from what I've heard we should be seeing over 2000MHz on the FCLK, so that would be a pretty solid improvement. Because of this same reason, I really wouldn't get a Zen 2 XT chip now with how close Zen 3 is.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Just now, Mateyyy said:

I wouldn't bet on it being a whole lot better. 

With Zen 3 however from what I've heard we should be seeing over 2000MHz on the FCLK, so that would be a pretty solid improvement. Because of this same reason, I really wouldn't get a Zen 2 XT chip now with how close Zen 3 is.

Baaa, i'm not fussed on Zen 3, yeah the rasterisation will blow me away i'm sure, but where i live, ill have to way at least a year for prices to go down to something even remotely. So an X/XT chip is fine to me, i'm happy with it. Also pricing won't be reasonable for Zen 3 ( I live in Australia, so we pay literally 2x the price for the same chip.)

3 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

Baaa, i'm not fussed on Zen 3, yeah the rasterisation will blow me away i'm sure, but where i live, ill have to way at least a year for prices to go down to something even remotely. So an X/XT chip is fine to me, i'm happy with it. Also pricing won't be reasonable for Zen 3 ( I live in Australia, so we pay literally 2x the price for the same chip.)

Ah, I see. Yeah pricing wise I know how that feels.

Well when it comes to the XT chips to me the 3600XT makes the most sense, mostly because the 3600 was targeted towards gaming setups mostly and any extra clock speed over that is great. The 3800XT makes no sense (at least if we're to go by MSRP), since you can get a 3900X for almost the same price, and I haven't looked into the XT facelift of the 3900X at all actually.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Ah, I see. Yeah pricing wise I know how that feels.

Well when it comes to the XT chips to me the 3600XT makes the most sense, mostly because the 3600 was targeted towards gaming setups mostly and any extra clock speed over that is great. The 3800XT makes no sense (at least if we're to go by MSRP), since you can get a 3900X for almost the same price, and I haven't looked into the XT facelift of the 3900X at all actually.

I'm actually going for the 3600XT. As it apparently in terms of performance per dollar/watt/Clock it's mostly a better deal, and i can see that for sure. Also Steve form gamers-nexus managed to get 4.6Hz All-core! and that's actually pretty nuts compared to the 4.2/3Ghz all core of the original Yyzen. Even more nuts when you consider that it seems you have a high chance to get the silicon lottery pretty frequently.

3 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

I'm actually going for the 3600XT. As it apparently in terms of performance per dollar/watt/Clock it's mostly a better deal, and i can see that for sure. Also Steve form gamers-nexus managed to get 4.6Hz All-core! and that's actually pretty nuts compared to the 4.2/3Ghz all core of the original Yyzen. Even more nuts when you consider that it seems you have a high chance to get the silicon lottery pretty frequently.

https://youtu.be/OTVQ7E3PSrA?t=379

Optimum Tech also got it to 4.6GHz all-core. Sounds good!