gpu upgrade.

DominicNikon
Go to solution Solved by DominicNikon,

Ok, ill get the high end 2080 super 

Hello, my GTX 980 sadly reached the end of its life and i was wondering what gpu i should replace it with. I have found two options and want your guys opinions on them. I was thinking either the RTX 2080 ti xc hydrocopper ($1,199) or the gigabyte RTX 2080 super aorus wb ($850) which one would you get and why? since the 2080 ti xc hydrocopper is a lower end 2080 ti is it still good considering  its not the highest quality pcb compared the the kingpin card or even the ftw 3 ultra? I currently have $650 saved up for a gpu

1 hour ago, emosun said:

I suppose the 850$ option would be better as the 1200$ gpu isn't going to perform 350$ better

So the 2080 super would be a better buy for price to performance but just wondering why does the 2080 ti not perform $350 better since it gets like 4,000 points better in 3d mark and i thought that was a good increase in performance?

2 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

but just wondering why does the 2080 ti not perform $350 better since it gets like 4,000 points better in 3d mark

Because stress tests aren't real world performance.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

Hello, my GTX 980 sadly reached the end of its life and i was wondering what gpu i should replace it with. I have found two options and want your guys opinions on them. I was thinking either the RTX 2080 ti xc hydrocopper ($1,199) or the gigabyte RTX 2080 super aorus wb ($850) which one would you get and why? since the 2080 ti xc hydrocopper is a lower end 2080 ti is it still good considering  its not the highest quality pcb compared the the kingpin card or even the ftw 3 ultra? I currently have $650 saved up for a gpu

lower end liquid cooled 2080 ti vs a high end liquid cooled 2080 super?

easy choice, go for the 2080 super.

like the homie emosun said above, the 1200$ option is not going to perform 350$ worth of better especially if its a low end 2080 ti like you said

if you do want a liquid cooled 2080 super maybe get a founders edition one and strap a corsair block to it or something i think its cheaper then the gigabyte's one cause you're not paying for rgb but im not sure about that.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

11 hours ago, HardStroke said:

lower end liquid cooled 2080 ti vs a high end liquid cooled 2080 super?

easy choice, go for the 2080 super.

For high end rtx 2080 supers, what do you think of the gigabyte aorus wb vs the evga ftw 3 ultra wb? 

13 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

For high end rtx 2080 supers, what do you think of the gigabyte aorus wb vs the evga ftw 3 ultra wb? 

I think that youre paying extra money for rgb.

I was in your place, i wouldve gone  for a 2080 super fe and a custom block from corsair or something like that since gigabyte and evga charge extra for the rgb water block.

Just not worth it.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee