old PC turns on then off after a couple of seconds

Mobster101

As stated in the title the PC turns on and after a couple of seconds it turns off, its on a cycle of turning on and off.

A bit of context this PC (built in 2013) used to work back on December of 2019, then it just suddenly turned off by itself.

I ran it with only the PSU, MOBO and CPU with the fan, but it only got me to the BIOS, the turned itself off.

Currently (July 2020) I'm still trying to figure out whats wrong, as of now I'm still only testing it with the PSU, MOBO and CPU it does stay on, but doesn't display anything to a monitor

MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Form

CPU: Intel I7-4770K @ 3.50GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 @ 1600MHz

GPU: GTX 780

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

UPDATE: *SMH might as well commit sudoku, forgot to connect the 8-pin CPU connector, also it does get to the BIOS and stays on, will try to connect more components and see if they are the problem

On 7/7/2020 at 7:34 AM, Mobster101 said:

As stated in the title the PC turns on and after a couple of seconds it turns off, its on a cycle of turning on and off.

A bit of context this PC (built in 2013) used to work back on December of 2019, then it just suddenly turned off by itself.

I ran it with only the PSU, MOBO and CPU with the fan, but it only got me to the BIOS, the turned itself off.

Currently (July 2020) I'm still trying to figure out whats wrong, as of now I'm still only testing it with the PSU, MOBO and CPU it does stay on, but doesn't display anything to a monitor

MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Form

CPU: Intel I7-4770K @ 3.50GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 @ 1600MHz

GPU: GTX 780

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

UPDATE: *SMH might as well commit sudoku, forgot to connect the 8-pin CPU connector, also it does get to the BIOS and stays on, will try to connect more components and see if they are the problem

you mean seppuku right? anyway goodluck with that pc