Intel Hd 4000 Vs Gt220

daythewalker

Hi everyone, i recently just built my own computer but along with all of the other components i didn't have enough money to upgrade my GPU to the one that i wanted so untill then i am deciding which to use, the integrated intel HD 4000 or the GT220? 

all advice is much appreciated

If you are saving up for another GPU, I would definitely stick with the Integrated graphics. Of course, they end decision will really depend on:

A: How long will it take to save up for your desired GPU

B: Are you willing to wait that long

The GT220 isn't much better, performance wise, than the Intel 4000 graphics. Unless you really want to spend the $30 on an extra 5 FPS, and only invested in 4GB of RAM, then it would be worth your limited budget to wait on your Nvidia/AMD card of choice.

The integrated graphics should be fine, just keep saving up for a better GPU.

If you are saving up for another GPU, I would definitely stick with the Integrated graphics. Of course, they end decision will really depend on:

A) How long will it take to save up for your desired GPU

B) Are you willing to wait that long

The GT220 isn't much better, performance wise, than the Intel 4000 graphics. Unless you really want to spend the $30 on an extra 5 FPS, and only invested in 4GB of RAM, then it would be worth your limited budget to wait on your Nvidia/AMD card of choice.

Oops sorry i didn't mean i was actually going to buy the GT220 as its just the old GPU off my previous setup... but as i understand from your comment the GT220 will perform slightly better then the intel HD 4000?

Oops sorry i didn't mean i was actually going to buy the GT220 as its just the old GPU off my previous setup... but as i understand from your comment the GT220 will perform slightly better then the intel HD 4000?

Well, in that case, it may actually be beneficial to go with the GT220. In all honesty, though, the only advantage you will get with that is some freed system RAM. If I may ask, how much did you get for your system?

Well, in that case, it may actually be beneficial to go with the GT220. In all honesty, though, the only advantage you will get with that is some freed system RAM. If I may ask, how much did you get for your system?

i bought 8 Gigs of 1600 ddr3 patriot memory

HD4000 should be better than a GT 220.

thanks for the reply, since there's mixed opinions i might just have to test each individually.

I feel you should try and save up a bit for a better GPU. Say something like the 650Ti Boost or the 7870

Nope intel 4000 is better. I have a radeon 6450 and a another computer with an 3770 and that is more powerful before i even put a gpu in that pc. I also had a gt610 before and the 6450 was more powerful  I think hd4000 is equal to gt620 or radeon 6570

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well, based on your RAM amount (and the other posters' responses), the Integrated Graphics may be best. Since you already own the GT220, though, it is really up to you. Just be aware that Integrated will use less power and may have slightly better performance.

What GPU are you considering upgrading to?

Well, based on your RAM amount (and the other posters' responses), the Integrated Graphics may be best. Since you already own the GT220, though, it is really up to you. Just be aware that Integrated will use less power and may have slightly better performance.

What GPU are you considering upgrading to?

At very least a 7770 but nothing higher then a 7850 as i only have the cx430 power supply from corsair.

A 7770 is a pretty decent GPU to use :)

A 7770 is a pretty decent GPU to use :)

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about it and it's at a pretty decent price too :)

Considering that the only two games i really want to play at this moment are league of legends and guild wars 2, the 7770 should easily be able to max both games out, right?

Depending on the resolution, it should be able to do it for LoL and not entirely about GW2.

Depending on the resolution, it should be able to do it for LoL and not entirely about GW2.

1080p and thanks for all the insight man :)

If you have a  motherboard that supports it, you can try using Virtu MVP to combine the power of the HD 4000 and GT 220

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I was using the Intel HD 4000 graphics for a couple of months before I got my 7950, but I must say, it did perform much better than I predicted of it. It played Far Cry 3 on medium/high at 1280x720 at stable FPS which I was very surprised at.

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

I had the 8400gs,the revision using the same gpu as the GT 220,and my i5 2500K's HD 3000 graphics gave 3x-5x better fps on average than the 8400gs.

and HD 4000 is significantly better than HD 3000.

so definitely use the on board graphics instead.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552