RIP Zotac 2060 Super Amp, questions about why

GNkyrios

So, 4 days ago i instaled this card on my new rig

Spoiler

ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2060 Super AMP 8GB GDDR6 | Linio Chile ...

And not even stressing it (only tested a game to see the fps increase) it "died", i started my pc the next day and  rip. No post, no boot, qled and beeps say "rip gpu", and since i dont have an igpu i couldnt do much. I reseted the cmos, cleaned gpu contacts, tried another pci-e slot, changed power cables, everything you can think off. Finally a friend brought his pc and we confirmed it was the GPU.

Now declared dead i tried the last ditch effort, the newborn reanimation, i hit it a couple of times on different places. And to my surprise, it worked again. I played some demanding game for 30mins and then a simple game with some friends (duck game) and when i restarted the game, the game freezed with the task manager. After some tries and loggin out and in again, i restarted the PC and again no post.

Left the PC unplugged for the day, next day, it booted again, but i didnt wanted to use it. Now this morning i did a simple test, started demanding game, left it for 30mins on, then i restarted the PC. GPU dead.

Seems weird that the GPU isnt dead fully, since it still shows image it just cant work for 3d enviroment and cant post. The card has a qled on board that shows when blinking that the card is good, and it is like that all the time.

Now i have to RMA it but in my country it will take at least 2 weeks to get another one.

Any idea what could be happening? maybe bad soldering and the heat screws something up? 

my specs if needed:

i5 9600kf

asus z390 strix h

kingston predator 3200mhz 8gb x2

evga 700w br (bronze)

3 hdd

2 ssd nvme

Heat screws?  It’s a new card yes?  RMA?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

You probably just got a dud. It happens.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro