I need help pick a budget laptop

I need a budget gaming laptop that costs around $1000 aud (around $700 usd) give or take a hundred dollars or so. It needs to last about 6 hours with around 3 hours full load for school. can anyone make a suggestion for what laptop I should buy

Used Thinkpad. X1 Carbon if you want thin and light, T-series if you want 14" with lots of IO, X-series if you want 12.5" with lots of IO.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

14 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

No. Pavilions are very low-end machines and that thing has an SSHD not even a full SSD so it will be slow as shit.

OP, avoid this one.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

No. Pavilions are very low-end machines and that thing has an SSHD not even a full SSD so it will be slow as shit.

OP, avoid this one.

I personally used something similar and worked just fine as he wanted. I ran Windows and Linux and performed very well. And very nice keyboard for school.

I truly prefer OP getting a MacBook. 

5 hours ago, Nano Adam said:

I personally used something similar and worked just fine as he wanted. I ran Windows and Linux and performed very well. And very nice keyboard for school.

I truly prefer OP getting a MacBook. 

What? No? Error? A MacBook is by far the worst thing you could recommend, even worse than that HP monstrosity.

7 hours ago, WebPlayz said:

Both of those are riddled with problems ranging from power limits to heat issues to shit internal quality to crap QA. Avoid them.

7 hours ago, mport76 said:

I need a budget gaming laptop that costs around $1000 aud (around $700 usd) give or take a hundred dollars or so. It needs to last about 6 hours with around 3 hours full load for school. can anyone make a suggestion for what laptop I should buy

You're asking a lot from a low end laptop. You either have to get a gaming laptop such as the Acer Nitro 5 with a Ryzen 5 4600H or a business laptop with good battery life. You can't afford both. 

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

You're asking a lot from a low end laptop. You either have to get a gaming laptop such as the Acer Nitro 5 with a Ryzen 5 4600H or a business laptop with good battery life. You can't afford both. 

I basically just need it to be able to run most games at 60 fps

23 minutes ago, mport76 said:

I basically just need it to be able to run most games at 60 fps

What i said still stands. If you want to run games and have long battery life, you're looking at over double your budget.

7 hours ago, 5x5 said:

What? No? Error? A MacBook is by far the worst thing you could recommend, even worse than that HP monstrosity.

Both of those are riddled with problems ranging from power limits to heat issues to shit internal quality to crap QA. Avoid them.

How could the MacBook be the far worst thing I can recommend. I truly disagree with that opinion. It might not be the best at gaming, but for battery life, it would stand out. A used MacBook is in OP budget.

58 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

How could the MacBook be the far worst thing I can recommend. I truly disagree with that opinion. It might not be the best at gaming, but for battery life, it would stand out. A used MacBook is in OP budget.

It's literally unusable for gaming, has more documented severe and critical design flaws than any other laptop on the market (this rings true for every. Single. MacBook. Period.) And with no warranty, it's like burning money. It WILL overheat, it WILL be slow and perform poorly due to the extreme heat and overloaded power delivery, it Will Have a battery that has been used and abused, it WILL come with one of many problems and that's guaranteed. Telling someone to waste their money on a used MacBook is by far the worst advise you could offer. This is a tech forum, not Apple.com. critical thinking and analysis of data are at the root of all suggestions, not random YouTube videos and fanboyism.