Error:filesystem unknown. Help?

Dude Bro
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

its trying to boot the grub bootloader, which points to a place that doesnt exist anymore.

this is could be simple as priorities being set wrong in bios (hard drive booting before ssd, or hard drive booting before windows bootloader, depending how you normally boot).

So I tried starting up my pc an hour ago, but when I did I was met with a screen stating "error:filesystem unknown. Grub recovery." And I cant boot into windows. I'm kind of okay with computers but this is way out of my league and I have no idea what to do. I did some googling and the only real solution i could find was making a Window 10 USB boot drive, which i will try but I decided to try giving this place a shot. 

Probably not needed but

GPU: GTX 1650

CPU: I5-2320

MOBO: P8H16-M PRO

SSD: 120GB (I think? This is the one I boot from)

HDD: 500GB (I dont know which brand? This one used to be in a machine that ran a Ubuntu variant, which could have something to do with the Grub thing.)

P.S. if this comes off as a rambly, sorry. I only recently bought both my GPU and Ram and I'm kind of stressing out because i've only been using this pc for like 3 days now. I literally made my account just to post this, so please help if you can.

if you do you can use it using the Recovery options by not going to setup but go to "Repair this pc" option - from this point you are in the recovery mode go to advanced options and press Restore point

its trying to boot the grub bootloader, which points to a place that doesnt exist anymore.

this is could be simple as priorities being set wrong in bios (hard drive booting before ssd, or hard drive booting before windows bootloader, depending how you normally boot).

Just now, Eggplant690 said:

if you do you can use it using the Recovery options by not going to setup but go to "Repair this pc" option - from this point you are in the recovery mode go to advanced options and press Restore point

if it's loading grub at startup all your windows recovery options are useless, because you need to be in the windows bootloader for that, at which point the issue will be resolved.

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if it's loading grub at startup all your windows recovery options are useless, because you need to be in the windows bootloader for that, at which point the issue will be resolved.

Well I was saying that he/she could use WR with the usb

5 hours ago, Dude Bro said:

This one used to be in a machine that ran a Ubuntu variant, which could have something to do with the Grub thing

If you unplug this HDD does Windows boot properly again?

It's solved now, thanks for all the help people! Saved me a lot of stress haha.