Squeaky Mouse Wheel

The mouse is only about two weeks old and the wheel squeaks when I scroll upwards. Is there anything I can do to fix it, would something like this be covered by warranty?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Which mouse do you have?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

You can take it back or you could void the warranty and open it up. If you can get your hands on sowing machine oil from a fabric store that makes really good computer lube :)

I had a similar problem with my deathadder but it went away after some time I cbs taking it back.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'd try returning it and get a new one - unless you are pretty good with your hands I wouldn't mess with it, chances are they won't take it back because you changed the insides...

So many things I could write here... things like this.

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue but i have had my mouse for a year (I have a roccat kova+) to temporarily fix the issue u push down on the scroll wheel with some force (you may hear it groan) that should fix it for a while.