Sound and Vibration from NEX650G (EVGA)

Rheinwasser

So, i bought an NEX650G a few days ago and put my system together now. Everything is nice and quiet, but the PSU is just extremely loud. It also gives off an insane amount of vibration. It is mounted in the bottom of my r4, and if i put my hand on the top off the case you can feel it pretty hard. You can even see the vibration if you look closely.

Is that normal? Anyone else experience with NEX650G/NEX750G?

Would it be ok to block the fan of the PSU with something? I've got quite a lot of positive airflow going on. 2x Intakes in the top, 2x Intakes in the front, 1x exhaust in the back plus my PSU that is mounted with the fan facing up.

And PLEASE: Dont recommend an RM650 or something along those lines to me, i know, they are theoretically better, but the looks and the cables were the main reason why it got this PSU.

Thanks for you help.

I tested blocking the fan with a screwdriver, it did eliminate sound and vibration.

Edited by Rheinwasser

In my Define R4 there was a relly annoying vibration sound coming from the PSU region. It took my a while to realize that it was just the fan filter that was loose. Try taking the fan filter out and do a test.

But then again you tried blocking the PSU fan and it went away.... mh. dunno. RMA it.

who cares...

I dont think it should do those kind of things... RMA'ing sucks but i think that is what you should do.

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

In my Define R4 there was a relly annoying vibration sound coming from the PSU region. It took my a while to realize that it was just the fan filter that was loose. Try taking the fan filter out and do a test.

But then again you tried blocking the PSU fan and it went away.... mh. dunno. RMA it.

I have the fan filter on the top, thats not the problem. also it is not only a vibration sound, it is clearly vibrating.

I dont think it should do those kind of things... RMA'ing sucks but i think that is what you should do.

it really sucks, i have to decide week without pc, or destroy cable management.  :(

Try to dampen the vibrations? Fine some rubber and put under the psu and other places?

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

it really sucks, i have to decide week without pc, or destroy cable management.  :(

One week without a PC or months and years with a potentially broken PSU AND vibrations.

who cares...

is preinstalled in the r4. is is clearly the fan and its running at 5000+ rpm it sounds like and virbrates. :(

Okay rma it, that fan will probablt destroy it self by flying through the computer and the roof.