Gtx 1650 not showing any display

ExplodingMushroom

This is my first build 

the problem is when i plug in a hdmi cable to the gtx 1650 there is no display, my tv says it doesn’t see anything being plugged into it. The power is working and the motherboard lights up some and the fans all work I’m sure everything is compatible. The cpu does not work yet I think because it is Ryzen 5 3600 and does not have integrated graphics. I am sure the hdmi cable is good because that is what I use for my console. Idk what to do.

You are correct the Ryzen 5 3600 does not have any integrated graphics, so the only play for a display out put is your GPU with your system.

Do you have any blinking lights on your motherboard?   You system might not be posting because of another issue.  As an example the motherboard might need to be flashed so it properly supports a Ryzen 5 3600.  Most should out of the box but there are still some boards that do not.

Can you provide the complete list of components?  

One more question - what slots did you put the memory sticks in?  1/2, 1/3, 2/4, 3/4 (as examples)

17 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

You are correct the Ryzen 5 3600 does not have any integrated graphics, so the only play for a display out put is your GPU with your system.

Do you have any blinking lights on your motherboard?   You system might not be posting because of another issue.  As an example the motherboard might need to be flashed so it properly supports a Ryzen 5 3600.  Most should out of the box but there are still some boards that do not.

One more question - what slots did you put the memory sticks in?  1/2, 1/3, 2/4, 3/4 (as examples)

Msi x470 gaming plus max

EVGA 500w PSU

Nvidia geforce gtx 1650

Vengeance 2x 8gb ram

tp link AC1200 WiFi Bluetooth 4.2 Pcie adapter

SSD plus Sandisk 1tb hard drive 

Ryzen 5 3600

h510 nzxt case(if it matters)

the board has debug lights and it says there is a problem with the cpu. I thought it said that because it does not have graphics yet, maybe there is something wrong with that part but I quadruple checked it and everything is in fine and plugged in. And it’s not damaged.

also there are red lights over where I put the ram.

i am kinda confused by the memory slot question but I put it in D I MMA 2 and D I MMB 2 as directed to put first.

my brother is coming to my house in a few days with his pc and we are going to try to replace things and try to find out the problem. Our components are compatible 

So there are 4 slots to the motherboard.   The one closest to the CPU is Slot 1.  The one farthest from the CPU is Slot 4.   You should have your memory in slot 2 and 4.   I read the motherboard manual and we are talking the same thing.  Slot 2 = D1MMA2.

The CPU debug light - does it stay on?  If so it sounds like the CPU isn't properly seated or a bent pin.   I would verify that.

Otherwise, you might have gotten a bad CPU and/or Motherboard.

Another test you can try is to remove the memory from D1MMB2 and only run one stick of memory just to see if you can get the system to post (which you aren't right now).   If not, then put the memory from D1MMB2 into D1MMA2 and then test again.  If no change and still no post, then most likely your memory is okay (or atleast not the problem with the posting).

1 hour ago, PyroTheWise said:

So there are 4 slots to the motherboard.   The one closest to the CPU is Slot 1.  The one farthest from the CPU is Slot 4.   You should have your memory in slot 2 and 4.   I read the motherboard manual and we are talking the same thing.  Slot 2 = D1MMA2.

The CPU debug light - does it stay on?  If so it sounds like the CPU isn't properly seated or a bent pin.   I would verify that.

Otherwise, you might have gotten a bad CPU and/or Motherboard.

Another test you can try is to remove the memory from D1MMB2 and only run one stick of memory just to see if you can get the system to post (which you aren't right now).   If not, then put the memory from D1MMB2 into D1MMA2 and then test again.  If no change and still no post, then most likely your memory is okay (or atleast not the problem with the posting).

It still didn’t work

thank you so much for your help 

I am sure the cpu is put in correctly and the light does stay on.

once I am able to check to see if the motherboard or cpu works with my brothers computer I think I will find out what is not working and try to get a replacement.

you have been really helpful but I think I might have received a faulty component.

I agree with a possible faulty component and using your brothers PC to help diagnose the problem is your best option at this time.

4 hours ago, ExplodingMushroom said:

Msi x470 gaming plus max

EVGA 500w PSU

Nvidia geforce gtx 1650

Vengeance 2x 8gb ram

tp link AC1200 WiFi Bluetooth 4.2 Pcie adapter

SSD plus Sandisk 1tb hard drive 

Ryzen 5 3600

h510 nzxt case(if it matters)

the board has debug lights and it says there is a problem with the cpu. I thought it said that because it does not have graphics yet, maybe there is something wrong with that part but I quadruple checked it and everything is in fine and plugged in. And it’s not damaged.

also there are red lights over where I put the ram.

i am kinda confused by the memory slot question but I put it in D I MMA 2 and D I MMB 2 as directed to put first.

my brother is coming to my house in a few days with his pc and we are going to try to replace things and try to find out the problem. Our components are compatible 

It sounds to me like a bios issue.  X470 with 3rd gen Ryzen. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

see if see if he can borrow a  ryzen 1000 or ryzen 2000 series chip because I think that motherboard is on the list of boards that needs a bios update to work with that CPU.

4 hours ago, Oathkeeperspath said:

see if see if he can borrow a  ryzen 1000 or ryzen 2000 series chip because I think that motherboard is on the list of boards that needs a bios update to work with that CPU.

The box the motherboard came in says amd Ryzen 3000 desktop ready

On 6/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, PyroTheWise said:

We found out that the RAM did not work in my computer but my brothers RAM worked in mine and everything turned on. My RAM worked in his so we just traded. It was crashing a lot be we ended up fixing that too everything is working now.