Please help me

Tacos16x20

Grab the manual & find the "Clear CMOS" section... do that & reboot.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

5 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Grab the manual & find the "Clear CMOS" section... do that & reboot.

I found the CMOS battery, but no section on how to clear the CMOS

3 hours ago, Tacos16x20 said:

I found the CMOS battery, but no section on how to clear the CMOS

image.png

image.png

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

image.png

image.png

yeah i found the battery, pulled it out for about 30 minutes and then put it back in, do i just start it up again and see if that changes anything?

Just now, Tacos16x20 said:

yeah i found the battery, pulled it out for about 30 minutes and then put it back in, do i just start it up again and see if that changes anything?

Turn all the power off & short those two pins - above the Front Panel pins, as mentioned above - the restart as it says, above.

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Tacos16x20 said:

Stupid question, did you also unplug the power cord?

Just to get rid of even more variables, can you try using only one stick of memory? I think the second slot away from the CPU should be the correct one to install it in, but you might want to consult your manual.

Just now, adm0n said:

Stupid question, did you also unplug the power cord?

Just to get rid of even more variables, can you try using only one stick of memory? I think the second slot away from the CPU should be the correct one to install it in, but you might want to consult your manual.

yes, i unplugged the  power supply before i took the batter out

9 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Turn all the power off & short those two pins - above the Front Panel pins, as mentioned above - the restart as it says, above.

Did exactly what it said and still nothing, and the fans still arent spinning at all. All im getting is the RGB on the motherboard

3 minutes ago, Tacos16x20 said:

Did exactly what it said and still nothing, and the fans still arent spinning at all. All im getting is the RGB on the motherboard

Then you will have to slowly accept the fact, that some of your parts might have been DOA.

You could try to flash a new bios (just to see if it works, I doubt it would help in your current situation), by taking out all the components and using gigabyte Qflash.

While doing that, you can check whether any of the pins in the CPU socket are bend.

You can also try starting your PC without the GPU installed. Maybe it is shorting or triggering something.

I'm actually quite interested why you picked the part you did. Or did you just have some of them lying around?

Just now, adm0n said:

Then you will have to slowly accept the fact, that some of your parts might have been DOA.

You could try to flash a new bios (just to see if it works, I doubt it would help in your current situation), by taking out all the components and using gigabyte Qflash.

While doing that, you can check whether any of the pins in the CPU socket are bend.

You can also try starting your PC without the GPU installed. Maybe it is shorting or triggering something.

I'm actually quite interested why you picked the part you did. Or did you just have some of them lying around?

Basically yeah most of it was lying around, they were free parts from a company that had no use for them, or they ordered too many

7 minutes ago, Tacos16x20 said:

Im just about to give up at this point

you probably have a dead board ...

Just took a glance through the thread after seeing your other post.
Assuming you've done everything in the linked troubleshooting guide and followed the advice given to you, then there isn't much else we can help you with.

Your next options are if you have anybody that has compatible parts they'd be willing to allow you to test your parts with to find what is the problem then that'll help you narrow down if/what component(s) are dead. One of your coworkers for example you mentioned likely has a compatible board; so you could try your CPU in theirs along with their GPU; does it work? Then CPU is not the issue. Now swap in your GPU, still work? It's not your GPU. etc... just through process of elimination and swapping you should be able to pin down which is the bad part and then you just have to start an RMA process with the company, or get an exchange if possible through the retailer it was purchased from.

If you can't do that and you had to take a guess, well I suppose I'd start an RMA on the motherboard and go from there.

Seems you just had crap luck and have a dead component somewhere in the mix, it can happen.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

5 hours ago, adm0n said:

you probably have a dead board ...

It's a dead board from what ive discovered, called asus and im getting a replacement

5 hours ago, Tacos16x20 said:

It's a dead board from what ive discovered, called asus and im getting a replacement

Alright. That is sad for you, but at least it wasn't any part without warranty.

Next time, build the PC outside the box first. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask again.