Bsod Rx 5700 XT Ryzen 5 3600

FavoringWinter

Randomly got the arikmdag.sys bsod. I was just watching youtube, then opened amazon prime video then it went to black and then the bsod screen happened, does anyone know what was the cause/any solutions. It has only happened once btw

26 minutes ago, Sw1ft_25 said:

Randomly got the arikmdag.sys bsod. I was just watching youtube, then opened amazon prime video then it went to black and then the bsod screen happened, does anyone know what was the cause/any solutions. It has only happened once btw

impossible...AMD drivers have been fixed long ago.

You must be wrong, otherwise if in doubt DDU your drivers and replace your power supply

@5x5 @TofuHaroto

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

27 minutes ago, Sw1ft_25 said:

seriously tho, sorry for my previous post..if it happened only once then don't worry about it, it can happen.

If it start happening more frequently, then you'll need to trouble shoot!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

seriously tho, sorry for my previous post..if it happened only once then don't worry about it, it can happen.

If it start happening more frequently, then you'll need to trouble shoot!

No problem I was mainly wondering what does the actual bsod mean. I am just worried about it causing more issues

Just now, Sw1ft_25 said:

No problem I was mainly wondering what does the actual bsod mean. I am just worried about it causing more issues

nahh i wouldn,t worry about it but like i said if it starts to happen more regularly then it CAN mean a lot of things...system unstable, RAM stick going bad, PSU going bad etc.

Or it can also just be software related.

Any parts in your system overclocked?

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

nahh i wouldn,t worry about it but like i said if it starts to happen more regularly then it CAN mean a lot of things...system unstable, RAM stick going bad, PSU going bad etc.

Or it can also just be software related.

Any parts in your system overclocked?

Nothing is overclocked and this is a new build, built in early June.

7 minutes ago, Sw1ft_25 said:

and you started fresh with a clean windows install and everything?

and you started fresh with a clean windows and install and everything?

yeah. Completely new everything.
Specs: Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb 3200mhz G.Skill Ripjaws ram, gigabyte rx 5700 xt oc edition, cx550m psu, 1tb mx500 ssd

10 minutes ago, Sw1ft_25 said:

Google says it's something to do with the graphics drivers...and AMD graphics drivers have A LOT of issues since the 5000 series of cards came out

so i'm not at all surprised you experience some issues like that from time to time...

Are your video card drivers up to date and running their default on everything?

11.PNG

Google says it's something to do with the graphics drivers...and AMD graphics drivers have A LOT of issues since the 5000 series of cards came out

so i'm not at all surprised you experience some issues like that from time to time...

Are your video card drivers up to date and running their default on everything?

Everything is up to date, but I am just going to use DDU and reinstall drivers

Just now, Sw1ft_25 said:

Everything is up to date, but I am just going to use DDU and reinstall drivers

yeah and i hope you dont get this error anymore...good luck!