Bad psu?

digitaldoughnut
Go to solution Solved by FeIIex,
15 minutes ago, digitaldoughnut said:

So for the last month or two whenever I turned on my pc it would make a popping sound from the psu. At first I didn’t think anything of it however today when I went to turn it on a spark came out the back of the psu (Corsair HX1200i). 
I then removed the psu from my pc and some bits of what I think is burnt plastic came out. (Images below) The psu was new in October so I’m guessing only option is to rma as it’s no longer safe.

Yeah RMA it for sure, if you have a spare PSU somewhere, test your components as it may have taken something with it.

So for the last month or two whenever I turned on my pc it would make a popping sound from the psu. At first I didn’t think anything of it however today when I went to turn it on a spark came out the back of the psu (Corsair HX1200i). 
I then removed the psu from my pc and some bits of what I think is burnt plastic came out. (Images below) The psu was new in October so I’m guessing only option is to rma as it’s no longer safe.

237E0D77-84B9-4151-BCEB-882FE61DD138.jpeg

The psu was new in October so I’m guessing only option is to rma as it’s no longer safe.

This is the most logical course of action.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yeah RMA it for sure, if you have a spare PSU somewhere, test your components as it may have taken something with it.

Pizza is the best food group