Run RTX Voice (or any Program) on Second Graphics Card

I have a decent gaming rig with a 1660 ti, as well as a grx 1050 ti in it (which I use mostly for folding).

I've been using rtx voice on my PC for a bit, but I didn't like that it used GPU resources while I was playing games so I figured, "hey, why not make RYX Voice use the 1050 ti instead of the 1660?"

After some messing around, I made a batch file that allows you to launch any program on your secondary, weaker GPU, and save your precious resources. I also set up an example use case for it with RTX voice, also on the github page.

All you have to do is choose your primary GPU (the one you DON'T want the program to run on) in the initial setup of my small, open-source batch code, and then you can manually launch anything on your secondary GPU.

The program also allows you to set shortcuts or make simple batch files (like the example one included in the github) to launch anything on your secondary GPU.

Get it here:

https://github.com/ITCMD/RunAsGpu

It's all open source except for the Microsoft executable devcon.exe

Two Small Things to Note

1. you want to launch any programs before you start a game or it will crash your game. This is because it disables your primary graphics card so that whatever you launch will use the secondary one, then enables the primary again.

2. the program uses an executable "devcon.exe", which is an official exe from microsoft, to disable and enable your primary card. Because it's not my creation I couldn't post the source code but it is the official one. If you have visual studio you may already have the file, and it will copy it from your install. If you don't, you can extract devcon.exe from some official microsoft archives (the superuser link on how to do this is on the github) and put it in the same folder as the batch file, or you can use the one I already extracted which is posted on the github.

The program is still a bit rusty, but it works, and I'll keep working on it. It should support AMD too, although not for RTX voice of course. Please post any issues on github! Thanks all!

Hello there SetLucas, SetLucas here. Did you know you had two accounts? No? Neither did I apparently.