RTX2060 or RX5600xt or wait?

IIDiversity
Currently I am in a time where I want to upgrade my GPU as my GTX1050 is falling behind quickly on modern titles such as RDR2 which I really want to play this summer. However with rumours of RDNA 2, Nvidia Ampere and the new consoles, its hard to pick a good gpu. Therefore I need some help. Is it worth the wait and pain for new graphics cards to drop (fyi I won't be buying the high end models, just seeing price drops etc) or should I just purchase a new GPU now and enjoy it for the next 2/3 years? If I am to purchase a new GPU should I buy the RTX2060 (I may use RTX on for only messing around with and photos) or the RX5600xt, which apparently sometimes runs like a 2060 super. If I have enough money then an RX5700 but its too far for my spec and my money. These are my current specs:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX1050
16GB @ 3200mhz ram
CX450
B450m-a

I have a budget of £300 but I still am stressed over the fact if I will regret my decision over buying now and getting a deal-breaking card releasing a day later, or waiting such a long time for nothing to happen, but high-end cards releasing that I will not buy. Therefore to summarise, these are my questions:

-Should I wait for new cards, if yes should I buy cards which dropped in price or buy the new budge cards if there will be any

-If I should buy the card now, should I purchase the RTX2060 or the RX5600xt or any other card which is good

I am super hyped about RDR2 but if I have to wait then it will be decades behind and I don't know if my 1050 is dying as well. Please help as I am currently stressed over the new bloody cards. Thanks!

you could wait for ampere depending on the price. and if you can wait. also what are your use cases? streaming?

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Just now, eeeee1 said:

you could wait for ampere depending on the price. and if you can wait. also what are your use cases? streaming?

Mostly playing games (1080p 60hz). I have a max budget of £300 fyi. 

Just now, IIDiversity said:

Mostly playing games (1080p 60hz). I have a max budget of £300 fyi. 

then just go amd. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

my feeling amd and nvidia will have new cards out from sept to nov time frame with your buget i would wait and say up some more money and get even a better deal never know you might be able to find like 2070 super for around that price i would just wait

5 minutes ago, keysbeast13 said:

my feeling amd and nvidia will have new cards out from sept to nov time frame with your buget i would wait and say up some more money and get even a better deal never know you might be able to find like 2070 super for around that price i would just wait

While I agree with the fact that waiting is always gonna give you the better deals, and september is right around the corner - if he wants to play the latest and greatest games during the summer, then it might be worth buying now, rather than to save an estimated 100 pounds (if next gen cards are gonna be good).

EDIT: also, OP, I wouldn't worry about future proofing your PC, as you should just get the best deals that you can in the here and now. There's also gonna be a transitioning-phase when next gen consoles will land, so something like an RX 5600XT (especially with your monitor) should suffice for a couple of years. As long as you're not scared at turning down some settings here and there.

1 minute ago, MythicalSnake said:

While I agree with the fact that waiting is always gonna give you the better deals, and september is right around the corner - if he wants to play the latest and greatest games during the summer, then it might be worth buying now, rather than to save an estimated 100 pounds (if next gen cards are gonna be good).

I doubt that cards such as the 2070 and the 3060 will be good in my system, just because I don't need the extra horsepower. I will use the card for the next 3 years, however the games will run at around medium 60fps on my system in the next few years.

1 minute ago, IIDiversity said:

I doubt that cards such as the 2070 and the 3060 will be good in my system, just because I don't need the extra horsepower. I will use the card for the next 3 years, however the games will run at around medium 60fps on my system in the next few years.

Well, it's super hard to predict how demanding the games of the future are going to be. What we do know is that plenty of folks are using way worse GPU's than anything you're thinking about buying - and, on the console side of things, Microsoft said that all upcoming Xbox exclusives for the foreseeable future will work on the Xbone. Seeing as the GPUs you're eyeing absolutely demolish even the Xbox One X, we can make an educated guess that you should, in theory, be fine.   

8 minutes ago, IIDiversity said:

Oh and I had a poor word usage in that part which you quoted. What I meant to say was that, let's say, a RX 5600 XT is gonna drop by 100 pounds in price if the next gen cards are gonna be fantastic value. The trade-off here is that you're not able to play the latest and greatest games on nice settings and with great framerates during summer, but are saving 100 pounds. On the other hand, you could be playing games with good graphics and smooth framerates all summer long, but you had to spent the full fat MSRP. Which-ever works for you.

I would not buy a card today that didn't have some kind of hardware Ray Tracing. This time next year it will be in both both next gen consoles and likely anything that would be considered a AAA game worthy card. So I'd go 2060 with the understanding that as its the cheapest way to get it and it is dependent on things like DLSS to get acceptable performance using it. Maybe have a look at this Digital Foundry video and decide for yourself.