Super Slim Radiator (< 25mm)

Go to solution Solved by SuperStreetFighter,
39 minutes ago, Chicken Fried said:

This is amazing thank you! Which EK rad is that? SE? 

yes, I got it from DazMode which is one of the best watercooling shops in North America from what I saw these last 3 months planning my build, they easily rival US suppliers with their item selection and more importantly stock status, they got almost everything you need in stock.

this one here  https://www.dazmode.com/shop/watercooling/radiators/triple-core-radiators/ek-coolstream-se-360-slim-triple-2/

I am looking for a slimline rad with a total thickness of less than 25mm. I found the XSPC TX240, which are 20mm, but have only found it out of stock with no plans on restocking. 
The next smallest size I could find was 27mm. which may be possible due to the side panel giving about 2-3mm of space but I dont exactly want to buy it with that small a chance.

6 minutes ago, Chicken Fried said:

What's the case in question. More for curiosity

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

What's the case in question. More for curiosity

I am using the 011D, the rad is going in the side and needs to fit the fan and rad in the back portion. As the front is blocked from fan usage due to the EK distro for the 011D.

27 minutes ago, Chicken Fried said:

I am using the 011D, the rad is going in the side and needs to fit the fan and rad in the back portion. As the front is blocked from fan usage due to the EK distro for the 011D.

You sure? This guy seems to have gotten fans in the front compartment while using a front distroplate. The bitspower one even has a pump right in front of it and he still got it in fine, the EKWB one has the pump on the other side so it should be even easier?

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

You sure? This guy seems to have gotten fans in the front compartment while using a front distroplate. The bitspower one even has a pump right in front of it and he still got it in fine, the EKWB one has the pump on the other side so it should be even easier?

This is the D5 version that was just released from EK. and it covers the fan slots on the right hand side. there is enough room to put the distro back in after the fans are installed on the back side. but not inside the main portion of the case.

I've seen the video above but cant seem to see where he connected that radiator in the back either, so although the BP distro works for the fans, you cant connect the rad.

3d5f3833-409f-4403-9032-2c69be26ec7b.jpg

hey buddy, I just had the same issue in my Dynamic XL, I'm assuming the space in the back of your Dynamic is the same 50mm as the XL.... so technically 25mm fans plus a sub 25mm rad...

I was originally gonna go with XSPC Ultrathin, but they're lazy on restocking, supposed to be restock middle of this month but nothing happened... so I ended up figuring out I can fit an 26mm EK 360 rad back there... the backplate closes perfectly fine since it sits a few mm outside of the actual case, but it just barely cleared... here's a picture of how it looks...

oh and don't be a dumbass like me and install the rad/fans FIRST, and THEN the distro plate.... I had to leave a few screws out couldn't reach them, not a big deal the others hold it fine, but still... anyway good luck with your build, looks kickass

also here is my build thread over on Reddit if you want to see the whole thing      https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/hfhifj/before_after_first_loop/

IMG_20200624_214515549_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200624_214522019_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, SuperStreetFighter said:

hey buddy, I just had the same issue in my Dynamic XL, I'm assuming the space in the back of your Dynamic is the same 50mm as the XL.... so technically 25mm fans plus a sub 25mm rad...

I was originally gonna go with XSPC Ultrathin, but they're lazy on restocking, supposed to be restock middle of this month but nothing happened... so I ended up figuring out I can fit an 26mm EK 360 rad back there... the backplate closes perfectly fine since it sits a few mm outside of the actual case, but it just barely cleared... here's a picture of how it looks...

oh and don't be a dumbass like me and install the rad/fans FIRST, and THEN the distro plate.... I had to leave a few screws out couldn't reach them, not a big deal the others hold it fine, but still... anyway good luck with your build, looks kickass

also here is my build thread over on Reddit if you want to see the whole thing      https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/hfhifj/before_after_first_loop/

IMG_20200624_214515549_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200624_214522019_HDR.jpg

39 minutes ago, Chicken Fried said:

yes, I got it from DazMode which is one of the best watercooling shops in North America from what I saw these last 3 months planning my build, they easily rival US suppliers with their item selection and more importantly stock status, they got almost everything you need in stock.

this one here  https://www.dazmode.com/shop/watercooling/radiators/triple-core-radiators/ek-coolstream-se-360-slim-triple-2/