Very Weird LAN issue

KeithGS

Hello!

I have been having this issue, and I cannot figure out what is going on, it seems my internet just magically cuts in half if I use a application that requires internet, more specifically an example like a online game.

I have done so much debugging, including calling my ISP, and my ISP (Comcast Business) came out and did a lot of work on the line, so I don't think it's my ISP anymore, however, I do have 2 other laptops, one with ethernet, it's the "family's" laptop and it has a ethernet port, I am getting full speed which is suppose to be 1gbit, but I opened a small application that uses internet, and it did the exact same thing as my desktop is doing, however this is inconclusive at this time.

Since I am connected directly into the modem, I wonder if the modem is the one having issues, maybe someone can shed some light on my issue, below you can see what I've done so far.

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 1909, Reinstalled Windows 10 2004.

2. Updated AMD drivers chipset drivers, reverted and used a older version of AMD chipset,.

3. Reset BIOS to see if some LAN setting got stuck.

4. Updated my LAN driver (Intel).

5. Disabled all power functions on the driver settings, including Load Offset.

6. Disabled QoS services in LAN, and modem, router.

7. Set modem in bridge mode.

8. Attempted another ethernet cable.

9. Connected directly to my modem.

10. Attempted to Disable autotuninglevel via net cmd.

11. Updated nVidia drivers, turned off freesync/gsync,.

12. Turned power saving options off in windows, full performance

Specs:

b7g0znzzb5751.png[

Video of the issue can be found here: 

If anyone knows what I should do, let me know.

Thank you!!

Updated links that actually work, sorry.

26 minutes ago, KeithGS said:

Updated links that actually work, sorry.

Are you sure the game isn't downloading in the background at the same time you're running the speed test? Is any other application running in the background (e.g. Windows Update, torrents, etc.) or another another computer on the network accessing the internet?

What led you to do this test? What were you experiencing exactly before this?

24 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Are you sure the game isn't downloading in the background at the same time you're running the speed test? Is any other application running in the background (e.g. Windows Update, torrents, etc.) or another another computer on the network accessing the internet?

What led you to do this test? What were you experiencing exactly before this?

This a fresh install, and now days old. It was just a random thing, I decided to do a speed test with a unspecific game minimized and noticed the speed, but it doesn't need to be a game, for example, discord can cause it as well. 

The independent router has been turned off, and I have turned off all router functions in the modem, even enabled bridge mode.

2 hours ago, KeithGS said:

This a fresh install, and now days old. It was just a random thing, I decided to do a speed test with a unspecific game minimized and noticed the speed, but it doesn't need to be a game, for example, discord can cause it as well.

But do you have problems within your games or Discord itself? Is there high latency?

Which modem do you have? Try rebooting it.

You don't have to enable bridge mode if you have disconnected the router. Turning on bridge mode in your combo unit essentially converts it to a simple modem and hands off routing/NAT to another device.

10 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

But do you have problems within your games or Discord itself? Is there high latency?

Which modem do you have? Try rebooting it.

You don't have to enable bridge mode if you have disconnected the router. Turning on bridge mode in your combo unit essentially converts it to a simple modem and hands off routing/NAT to another device.

The modem is a router/modem/voip in one that Comcast provides, I have tried turning on bridge mode, its what I usually have it set to. 

I do not have ingame problems, no high latency.