Router is connected to network but took along time to browse a page. Is the router broken?

sakib khan

Hi. I bought a new router yesterday. (Dlink DIR 825) . after configuration it was working fine. Suddenly net become too slow my pc and phone was using only 10/20kb/s... I tried rebooting it and even reconfigured it.. It wasn’t working.and when i tried to browse network it brower would say "Connection Couldn't be secured" something like that.  Then i used a old switch i had.. And the it worked.. Is this problem caused by my Routers or isp provide?     Thank you 

Connect your new router between the old one and your network/PC, see what it does. If it works fine, then your ISP doesn't want you to use another router but the one they provided and throttle you if you do. In that case, you're stuck with the old router. If it still gives you problems, return the new router to the seller and get your money back, it's faulty.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 hour ago, Dutch_Master said:

Connect your new router between the old one and your network/PC, see what it does. If it works fine, then your ISP doesn't want you to use another router but the one they provided and throttle you if you do. In that case, you're stuck with the old router. If it still gives you problems, return the new router to the seller and get your money back, it's faulty.

Having 2 or more routers connected to the same network (running in the default router mode) is a recipe for problems. Only 1 device should be performing NAT or else you'll run into network conflicts.

2 hours ago, sakib khan said:

Hi. I bought a new router yesterday. (Dlink DIR 825) . after configuration it was working fine. Suddenly net become too slow my pc and phone was using only 10/20kb/s... I tried rebooting it and even reconfigured it.. It wasn’t working.and when i tried to browse network it brower would say "Connection Couldn't be secured" something like that.  Then i used a old switch i had.. And the it worked.. Is this problem caused by my Routers or isp provide?     Thank you 

Please distinguish between the terms 'modem', 'router', 'switch', 'wireless access point', and combo device (internet gateway). An internet gateway (usually sold to you by the ISP) has a built-in modem, router, switch and wireless access point. If you want to add your own 'wireless router' that you bought from a store, you'll have to either put the gateway in bridge mode (essentially only running it as a modem) or put the new wireless router in access point mode (essentially disabling NAT, routing, etc., but retaining it as just a wireless access point).

1. What is the make/model of device provided by your ISP? From there we'll be able to guide you as to what you need to do next.
  2. What speeds are you paying for from your ISP?

5 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

Old one work perfectly fine.. New one works when i connect it with switch and i have only 1 router connected to network..       

3 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Having 2 or more routers connected to the same network (running in the default router mode) is a recipe for problems. Only 1 device should be performing NAT or else you'll run into network conflicts.

Please distinguish between the terms 'modem', 'router', 'switch', 'wireless access point', and combo device (internet gateway). An internet gateway (usually sold to you by the ISP) has a built-in modem, router, switch and wireless access point. If you want to add your own 'wireless router' that you bought from a store, you'll have to either put the gateway in bridge mode (essentially only running it as a modem) or put the new wireless router in access point mode (essentially disabling NAT, routing, etc., but retaining it as just a wireless access point).

1. What is the make/model of device provided by your ISP? From there we'll be able to guide you as to what you need to do next.
  2. What speeds are you paying for from your ISP?

Bro. I Don't know much about this stuff.. They gave me a small hub type box 2 year ago when i first bought wifi and they called it switch. S o i also call it switch. I'm planing to replace it.. As it have warrant   

1 hour ago, sakib khan said:

They gave me a small hub type box 2 year ago when i first bought wifi and they called it switch. S o i also call it switch. I'm planing to replace it.. As it have warrant   

Please determine the exact make and model of the device that your ISP gave you.