Blank screen when installing GPU Driver

Viktor277

Whenever i try to install drivers manually, or even windows its basic graphics drivers, it always crashes half way and then the unplugin sound plays and then black screen. No matter what i do (DDU, safe mode) i cant get drivers to work, tried many different versions. It only works in safe mode and even then the tearing is just horrible and it cant get past 20hz refresh rate. Im using this pc because i need better signal quality than my phone for my speakers, and this mobo seems to have decent audio for its age, i dont have any other pc. pls help

Very poor specs, but i just need it to play audio.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3

Cpu: Phenom X3 8650

Ram: 4Gb ddr2..

Ssd: 128gb apacer

Gpu: Radeon Hd 7730 1Gb

45 minutes ago, Viktor277 said:

Whenever i try to install drivers manually, or even windows its basic graphics drivers, it always crashes half way and then the unplugin sound plays and then black screen.

How are you trying to install the drivers? Sometimes drivers can have issues when installing over top of old drivers. You may want to try a utility that wipes out and trace of old drivers, and then try doing a clean install. Even in Nvidia’s installer if you choose the custom option you should be able to select to remove any old drivers and do a clean install. 

9 hours ago, BryanNichols10 said:

How are you trying to install the drivers? Sometimes drivers can have issues when installing over top of old drivers. You may want to try a utility that wipes out and trace of old drivers, and then try doing a clean install. Even in Nvidia’s installer if you choose the custom option you should be able to select to remove any old drivers and do a clean install. 

I already said that i used DDU (display driver uninstaller) multiple times but nothing works. the ssd that im intalling drivers to is 2 days old and nothing was on it before.

11 minutes ago, Viktor277 said:

intalling drivers to is 2 days old and nothing was on it before.

Was the card bought used or something ?

Try maybe flashing it with a new consumer firmware ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Was the card bought used or something ?

Try maybe flashing it with a new consumer firmware ?

Card works on other pc's just fine idk whats going on with this.

5 minutes ago, Viktor277 said:

Card works on other pc's just fine idk whats going on with this.

Flash the card with a consumer firmware 

Try maybe updating the chipset firmware as well

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Flash the card with a consumer firmware 

Try maybe updating the chipset firmware as well

hm might as well try that thanks!

Just now, Viktor277 said:

hm might as well try that thanks!

Good luck :D

Build Log: 

On 6/21/2020 at 4:50 AM, TofuHaroto said:

Good luck :D

turns out motherboard doesnt even support windows 10.. hahahah so i disabled windows update service  and kinda works.. its awful tho