I'm so excited to buy my new Selfbuilt gaming PC this week, tell me your thoughts!

Hi from germany, I finished building my gaming pc, and I'm so excited to be buying it next week 😀, although it's a little too expensive for me

Here's the build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ----------------------------------------------------- € 166,00

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT ------------------------------ € 393,90

CPU FAN: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO --------------------------- € 33.90

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3600Hz 16GB (2 x 8GB) CL 16 -- € 80.00

Mother Board: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX ------------------------------ € 99.90

SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 256 Go Nvme 1.3 --------------------- € 50,71

PSU: Corsair RM Series RM650 2019, 650W --------------------------- € 92.71

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Black (only 3 fans total) ------------ € 69.90

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM ----------------------------------  € 379.00

Keyboard : Hyperx Alloy fps pro Cherry MX red ------------------------- € 79.90

HeadSet: Hyperx Cloud II ---------------------------------------------------- € 71.45

Mouse: Zowie s2 Divina Pink ------------------------------------------------- € 75.00

MousePad: Zowie G-SR-SE black ---------------------------------------- € 28.25

Total ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- € 1568

I play many games at high rating ( eg: Diamond 2 EUW in league of legends) and I'm looking to give myself a chance at a gaming career as either a pro player or a streamer/youtuber

and that's why I'm upgrading to this new pc (from 60 fps toaster btw)

Let me know your recommendations, what you think of the rig and wether or not there are some better alternatives than the components I'm buying

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Looks good, you might want to get a hard drive to store more than 256GB, and if you're going to be streaming see if in your budget you can get a Nvidia card the 2070 Super is the closest equivalent to the 5700XT, it may be more expensive but it has an Nvenc encoder which means you won't have lower performance streaming.

7 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Looks good, you might want to get a hard drive to store more than 256GB, and if you're going to be streaming see if in your budget you can get a Nvidia card the 2070 Super is the closest equivalent to the 5700XT, it may be more expensive but it has an Nvenc encoder which means you won't have lower performance streaming.

I thought I have an old harddrive that I'm gonna use, but for the 2070 Super, does it also allow more performance while recording, or only while streaming? (it's + 150€  in germany so I'm still considering it)

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution   |   My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

† † †

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

† CHRISTIAN MEMBER †

4 hours ago, Zverr said:

Hi from germany, I finished building my gaming pc, and I'm so excited to be buying it next week 😀, although it's a little too expensive for me

Here's the build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ----------------------------------------------------- € 166,00

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT ------------------------------ € 393,90

CPU FAN: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO --------------------------- € 33.90

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3600Hz 16GB (2 x 8GB) CL 16 -- € 80.00

Mother Board: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX ------------------------------ € 99.90

SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 256 Go Nvme 1.3 --------------------- € 50,71

PSU: Corsair RM Series RM650 2019, 650W --------------------------- € 92.71

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Black (only 3 fans total) ------------ € 69.90

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM ----------------------------------  € 379.00

Keyboard : Hyperx Alloy fps pro Cherry MX red ------------------------- € 79.90

HeadSet: Hyperx Cloud II ---------------------------------------------------- € 71.45

Mouse: Zowie s2 Divina Pink ------------------------------------------------- € 75.00

MousePad: Zowie G-SR-SE black ---------------------------------------- € 28.25

Total ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- € 1568

I play many games at high rating ( eg: Diamond 2 EUW in league of legends) and I'm looking to give myself a chance at a gaming career as either a pro player or a streamer/youtuber

and that's why I'm upgrading to this new pc (from 60 fps toaster btw)

Let me know your recommendations, what you think of the rig and wether or not there are some better alternatives than the components I'm buying

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

I would definitely go nvidia for the Nvenc coder, as this will hugely help streaming, in this price range it would have to be a 2060 super but if you can stretch an extra 100 I would go for the 2070 super. If your not planning on overclocking your cpu, there is no reason to have a cooler as the 3600 comes with a decent stock one. I would also swap out the nvme for a 500 gigabyte ssd which would be around the same price and offer more storage.

11 hours ago, Mateimm said:

I would definitely go nvidia for the Nvenc coder, as this will hugely help streaming, in this price range it would have to be a 2060 super but if you can stretch an extra 100 I would go for the 2070 super. If your not planning on overclocking your cpu, there is no reason to have a cooler as the 3600 comes with a decent stock one. I would also swap out the nvme for a 500 gigabyte ssd which would be around the same price and offer more storage.

Does the Nvidia Nvenc also offer better performance while recording? because streaming isn't the first of my intentions but I want to be able to recording without it necesseraly dropping my performance ingame, if Nvidia offers that and the 5700 xt doesn't then I might just get the 2070 super.

For the ssd, I tend to to delete games I don't play anymore to free up space, and I also will probably get a harddrive (I'll get one from a family member)

I just want to get the 33 euro cooler to ensure a long durability of the cpu cuz I've seen in many threads that the ryzen 3600 tends to have overheating problems...

1 hour ago, Zverr said:

Does the Nvidia Nvenc also offer better performance while recording? because streaming isn't the first of my intentions but I want to be able to recording without it necesseraly dropping my performance ingame, if Nvidia offers that and the 5700 xt doesn't then I might just get the 2070 super.

For the ssd, I tend to to delete games I don't play anymore to free up space, and I also will probably get a harddrive (I'll get one from a family member)

I just want to get the 33 euro cooler to ensure a long durability of the cpu cuz I've seen in many threads that the ryzen 3600 tends to have overheating problems...

Yes it also helps recording, in general I personally go with nvidia more as their cards use much less power and usually don't run as hot as their amd counterparts while also having more features.