PC turning on with fans and everything then turning off again in an infinite loop.

The Izz

This has happened before but always resolved itself after a day or less after just trying over and over again. But this time even though I’ve gotten it to turn on a few times, it just does the exact same thing when I eventually turn it off and attempt to turn it on again. The whole pc turns on when I click the power button, fans moving, lights on, but then the psu makes a click sound and everything turns off again, it never reaches windows or BIOS screen. Then it tries again, the psu clicks on and pc runs for a few seconds, then turns off again. Sometimes it devolves into turning on and off every half second, and other times it runs for 15 secs without reaching windows or anything before clicking off again. Yesterday I got it to turn on and I put it into sleep mode when I turned it off. When turning it on again it turned on just fine, and for a day or so I would just put it in sleep mode and no issue. But I accidentally shut down last time I turned it off and the problem continues. The pc runs perfectly fine when it is on. I remounted the ram and gpu and tried different ram, but the problem didn’t go away. It’s really annoying and any advice would be much appreciated.

Specs: Enermax 500 watt gold rated non modular psu, i5 9400f 1650 super 2x4 gb ddr4 2400 ram and 1x8gb ddr4 3000 ram Gigabyte B360M DS3H rev 1 motherboard 500gb sad and 4tb hd

How old is the psu? It's possible (although fairly unlikely) that its going into overcurrent protection on startup as its deteriorated.

Try booting with just the single 8GB stick and see if it still does it.

43 minutes ago, Flapjack30 said:

How old is the psu? It's possible (although fairly unlikely) that its going into overcurrent protection on startup as its deteriorated.

If that was the case it would not restart. It would switch off and stay off.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450