Is my cpu and gpu temp fine ?

I am new to the forum sorry if i posted this in the worng place.

So i am gaming on a asus rog laptop with i5 7300hq and gtx 1050 4gb , 12 gb of ddr4 ram, those are my cpu temps after gaming for about 30 min my gpu will hit 80 c as max temp , as u can see in the picture the software is telling me that the cpu is throttling but i dont no drop in perfomance and the clock speed hover around 3 ghz which seems okey , but i still consider those temps beunng tiny bit higher then they should be, let me know about what you think ?

ps : the cpu and the gpu are already undervolted , repasted and i did clean the fan few days ago i dont know if there is anything that i can do to birng those temps further down or should i just stop worrying and enjoy gaming ?

cpu.jpg

gpu.jpg

With modern technology you don't have to worry if something gets to hot it will protect itself.

Tho you are right the temps are a bit high but if you can game normally i wouldn't worry.

One thing you could do is having the laptop not sit directly on your desk but preferably a bit of the ground for better airflow

58 minutes ago, flopana said:

With modern technology you don't have to worry if something gets to hot it will protect itself.

Tho you are right the temps are a bit high but if you can game normally i wouldn't worry.

One thing you could do is having the laptop not sit directly on your desk but preferably a bit of the ground for better airflow

after monotring the cpu closley it doesnt seem to be operating at stable clock but it varies between 2.5 ghz and 3.1 ghz is it okey to not be runnig at the boost clock all the time while gaming ? or it have something to do with the thermal throttling ?

GPU temps are normal. but damm dude, CPU temps are quite high. i think it IS supposed to be running at 3.1 since gaming needs the extra boost. not even gaming, even with normal heavy load applications, the boost will kick in.  but 80+ for a cpu is not very healthy.

the cpu needs a new cooler or reapply thermal paste 
the gpu is fine but you don’t want to go over 80 

you could try elevating the laptop to allow the vents to get more air

Ryzen 7 5800x, eVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC 8GB, Kingston Fury 32GB 3200 MHz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB M.2, 3X Seagate 1TB HDD 7200Rpm, 2TB Seagate HDD, Cooler Master V 750W 80PLUS Gold Full Modular Power Supply, CoolerMaster N200

13 hours ago, cpt zak said:

after monotring the cpu closley it doesnt seem to be operating at stable clock but it varies between 2.5 ghz and 3.1 ghz is it okey to not be runnig at the boost clock all the time while gaming ? or it have something to do with the thermal throttling ?

Thats definitely thermal throttling since you would want your cpu to perform at the highest clock possible while gaming

Edit: have you tried putting something under your laptop so it gets better airflow?

Edited by flopana
forgot somethin

1 hour ago, flopana said:

Thats definitely thermal throttling since you would want your cpu to perform at the highest clock possible while gaming

Edit: have you tried putting something under your laptop so it gets better airflow?

yup i did put a book in the back and another one in the front which gave it a  decent  elevation above the desk ... but  i couldnt notice any change in the cpu temp , books are not that much useful after all lol .

2 hours ago, rmnsachy said:

the cpu needs a new cooler or reapply thermal paste 
the gpu is fine but you don’t want to go over 80 

you could try elevating the laptop to allow the vents to get more air

already done the paste few days ago .. and i dont know if i can change the cooler i am not on desktop pc .