Any mods for "120hz" TV?

Hi all,

I use a Samsung 42" TV for my monitor that claims to be able to output 120hz, however I've learned that it doesn't actually take a 120hz signal; the TV's electronics actually do the "upsampling" (?not sure if that's the right word). This got me thinking... If the TV's internals are able to convert a signal up to 120hz, then the display has to be capable of running at that frequency, right? So basically, I'm wondering if there's a way to bypass the TV's internals to be able to run the display at 120hz from my graphics card. Does anybody know of any hard/soft mods that do this?

TIA~

TV's with high refresh rates are weird.

There are no standards for advertising, so they can basically slap whatever number they want on the box and call it a day. Some 120 Hz TV's are actually using 120 Hz panels, but others will interpolate a frame, then blend that interpolated frame and the real frame into a single image and display that. Think of an interlaced video, but blended instead of alternating lines. Regardless even if it is a 120 Hz panel you would probably need to build your own driver board or salvage one from a device that can run true 120 Hz and uses the same pinout as that display.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11