Argb strip question

Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
7 hours ago, emilyadella said:

Okay so I have non rgb ram with heatspeaders, I do not want to remove the the heat spread as it is ballistixs. I do want to want to turn it into argb ram by 3D printing some translucent led holders and if it works do the same for fan grills.

on that note what I want to know is can you custom trim argb strips and what is involved.

also one last thing is it possible to add custom parts to Corsair node pro etc..., I know with an adapter you can attach them but you are at the mercy of matching there leds to yours so far it has worked ok but I would rather just make my own parts to add to the drop down to get it perfect.

ya you can do just that. side note is corsair ram cooler has an rgb strip that just points in to clear 50mm fans and has a box around it.

you can cut argb strips so ling as it has the copper pads on both sides. you can also just buy signal smd named dots. more info can be found in my sig on rgb links.

hears a link to my guide on corsair pin out and others

rgb_cut_tut.jpg

Okay so I have non rgb ram with heatspeaders, I do not want to remove the the heat spread as it is ballistixs. I do want to want to turn it into argb ram by 3D printing some translucent led holders and if it works do the same for fan grills.

on that note what I want to know is can you custom trim argb strips and what is involved.

also one last thing is it possible to add custom parts to Corsair node pro etc..., I know with an adapter you can attach them but you are at the mercy of matching there leds to yours so far it has worked ok but I would rather just make my own parts to add to the drop down to get it perfect.

7 hours ago, emilyadella said:

ya you can do just that. side note is corsair ram cooler has an rgb strip that just points in to clear 50mm fans and has a box around it.

you can cut argb strips so ling as it has the copper pads on both sides. you can also just buy signal smd named dots. more info can be found in my sig on rgb links.

rgb_cut_tut.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

rgb_cut_tut.jpg

okay cant find those on any argb strigs only regular rgb, do you know how to or if these can be cut to length https://www.newegg.com/airgoo-amdrgb0001-rainbow-2-strips-fit-for-3-pin-5v/p/1W8-011Z-00004?Description=addressable rgb strip&cm_re=addressable_rgb_strip-_-9SIAKRYB740142-_-Product&quicklink=truehttps://www.newegg.com/airgoo-amdrgb0001-rainbow-2-strips-fit-for-3-pin-5v/p/1W8-011Z-00004?Description=addressable rgb strip&cm_re=addressable_rgb_strip-_-9SIAKRYB740142-_-Product&quicklink=true

9 hours ago, emilyadella said:

don't no i would just buy a strip that you no has it.... instead of gambling

oh i just posted the pic to show you were to cut. the argb strip will have 3 wires insted of 4 and will be 5v di/do and ground

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I mean to the strip with those pads because none of the aRGB strips that I have found have them

55 minutes ago, emilyadella said:

I mean to the strip with those pads because none of the aRGB strips that I have found have them

link

link

keep in mind that do to the virus lots of stuff is not being posted and what is posted the price went up....