Trouble picking Asus Monitor

espr3ss0

Seems like Asus are the better option but still leaves options, not sure what VG PG MG XG means, I've been looking on the Asus site (monitor picker). Atm I have LG 24MK600M which is only 60Hz and 1920x1080 used for an Xbox One S so maybe FreeSync, what I know I do want is higher res and Hz but not really any mod cons don't want to pay for something I may not use. Will probably upgrade when the Xbox Series X comes out.

Monitor naming is pretty shitty, i guess most of the time not even the manufacturer will know what it means. Have a look at the LG 27GL850-B. Also whats your price range?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I should have mentioned I'm in the UK and usually buy via Amazon. The closest is LG 27GL850-B.AEU.

The pricing I'm not sure but up to £700 maybe more, really depends on the product.

Oh!... I would also try to stick with IPS. I use it for Games & Movies.

2 minutes ago, espr3ss0 said:

I should have mentioned I'm in the UK and usually buy via Amazon. The closest is LG 27GL850-B.AEU.

The pricing I'm not sure but up to £700 maybe more, really depends on the product.

Oh!... I would also try to stick with IPS. I use it for Games & Movies.

I'd guess the AEU stands for the EU model. But otherwise this is the perfect monitor for about ~500 €. Chech Hardware Unboxed on youtube for a review. This guy really knows his stuff when it comes to monitors and he repedeately reccommended it as the "best overall Monitor".

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

This Monitor looks pretty good, HDR and Nano tech.

If anyone disagrees please let me know !?

Just now, espr3ss0 said:

This Monitor looks pretty good, HDR and Nano tech.

Don't expect too much from HDR with monitors. Most of them are not HDR-capable at all (like this one). Real HDR with monitors is up at > 2000 € and not worth it. If you really want HDR you'll be better off with an OLED TV. But they are >1000 € either. Pretty much the only HDR feature of most monitors is a wider color gamut. HDR is just not ready yet for monitors. I'd strongly suggest to watch the review from Hardware Unboxed as he does a good job explaining it.

Ok thanks will have a look through the reviews.

One more question ... Is there a 4k equivalent ?

After looking on the LG site I guess it's LG 27GN950-B however not easy to get hold of.

1 hour ago, espr3ss0 said:

One more question ... Is there a 4k equivalent ?

After looking on the LG site I guess it's LG 27GN950-B however not easy to get hold of.

That's their only 4k model in the Nano IPS line. Actually HDR capability on this monitor range should be relatively decent, yes, you won't get all the contrast that contribute the most to HDR but you will still get a true wide colour gamut capability which don't exist in many of the HDR10 - 400 panel. 

As for the Asus - I think that's just reflect their sub brand of the monitor VG - low end PG - RoG model (highest end) MG - Tuf (midrange) XG - RoG Strix (upper midrange)

The differences is usually just the monitor capability, higher tier model tend to have a better colour accuracy, better QC, and sometime better feature. 

I thought HDR was just HDR. Thanks for the help.