GPU vibrations

Mathew123

Hey so I bought new gpu recently and it worked without problems at first but it started making weird sounds few says back. I cant exactly describe like what it sounds because i never heard anything like it. It sounds like mix of purring of cat and drill. The sound starts when i play some game and doesnt stop untill i turn my PC off. If i just browse internet it doesnt occur. Therefore to me it looks like some kind of coil whine, but I am not sure because i never heard any coil whine like that. 

2 minutes ago, Mathew123 said:

of purring of cat and drill.

That's a weird way to describe it 

Sounds like coil whine to me 

Specs ? PSU ?

You can't avoid coil whine

There will always be some 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Some people get really unlucky and buy a card that has coil whine worse than a slipping car belt. I'm sorry man.. RMA it? 

Sounds like coil whine alright. Most of the times the higher Quality GPUs have less coil whine and the MSRP models have more coil whine. It's pretty much a lottery in terms of how bad it can be.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

That's a weird way to describe it 

Sounds like coil whine to me 

Specs ? PSU ?

You can't avoid coil whine

There will always be some

So my PSU is Seasonic m12 bronze evo edition, my mobo is gigabyte ga-h81m-hd3 pretty old one but i dont think this is the problem, my CPU is I7 4790 3.6 GHz and the gpu i bought recently is gigabyte gtx 1660 OC. I know my decriiption isnt very good but as i said i cant describe it better. 

Just now, Mathew123 said:

as i said i cant describe it better. 

Most likely coil whine 

Can't be avoided

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Most likely coil whine 

Can't be avoided

I guess only solution for me is to return it isnt it. 

I guess only solution for me is to return it isnt it. 

No it's a normal thing 

Happens with every GPU 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

No it's a normal thing 

Happens with every GPU 

But i could perhaps get one where the coil whine isnt so annoying. One user replied that its pretty much lottery. 

But i could perhaps get one where the coil whine isnt so annoying. One user replied that its pretty much lottery. 

It's the card's quality and choke quality 

It's doesn't affect performance 

Wear headphones and ignore it lol 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It's the card's quality and choke quality 

It's doesn't affect performance 

Wear headphones and ignore it lol 

I guess so, nevermind thanks for your time, have a nice day. 

I guess so, nevermind thanks for your time, have a nice day. 

No problem ;)

Build Log: