Stock or aftermarket cooling for the GTX 770

MrTurtleWaffles

The title pretty much explains it all, except I'm in need of a GTX 770, and am interested in the stock cooler, as it has a really awesome aesthetic, as well as being slightly quieter than the old 680's. I was also looking at the Gigabyte Windforce model with that cooler. I am thinking of doing some mild overclocking, but I'm leaning more towards the reference cooler. Suggestions?

Planned Build: i5 4670k, Corsair H105, Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB, Gigabyte G1 SNIPER M5S, Apevia X-Sniper 2, 2X Cougar 140mm (green), 2X Corsair AF120 (purple edition)

The title pretty much explains it all, except I'm in need of a GTX 770, and am interested in the stock cooler, as it has a really awesome aesthetic, as well as being slightly quieter than the old 680's. I was also looking at the Gigabyte Windforce model with that cooler. I am thinking of doing some mild overclocking, but I'm leaning more towards the reference cooler. Suggestions?

welcome to the forum btw

Reference is best in mini-ITX systems or if you plan to WC in the future (Which I do not recommend with a 770). Otherwise the MSI and gigabyte coolers are the king of the hill for aftermarket coolers.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

If the coat isn't holding you back or and airflow is not a problem get the better cooler.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Reference is best in mini-ITX systems or if you plan to WC in the future (Which I do not recommend with a 770). Otherwise the MSI and gigabyte coolers are the king of the hill for aftermarket coolers.

Asus is pretty good too. I also like the aesthetics of the ACX from EVGA

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

aftermarket, if you want it cooler and quieter

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Asus is pretty good too. I also like the aesthetics of the ACX from EVGA

Not really. ASUS runs louder and hotter than MSI's but Gigabyte runs cooler (and louder) than both.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Only EVGA provided the GTX 770 with the "Titan" reference cooler. Every other AIB jumped ahead with aftermarket coolers.

Not really. ASUS runs louder and hotter than MSI's but Gigabyte runs cooler (and louder) than both.

Notice I said "pretty good" It is alright. I like the looks of it and the ACX

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

the stock is pretty.... how big is the system? if ur using mitx use the stock :"0

I have plenty of room for the Windforce, I measured the case :)

Planned Build: i5 4670k, Corsair H105, Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB, Gigabyte G1 SNIPER M5S, Apevia X-Sniper 2, 2X Cougar 140mm (green), 2X Corsair AF120 (purple edition)

Update:
I have since this post ordered a GTX 770 Windforce. It should arrive on the fourth at the latest :D

Update:

I have since this post ordered a GTX 770 Windforce. It should arrive on the fourth at the latest :D

It will serve you well :)

It will serve you well :)

I've been running 3DMark11 and getting some pretty sweet FPS and score improvements over my A8-6500. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.

Well if temps don't really matter to you get the reference it is very sexy looking, but I have a Gigabyte WF3 770 and its max temp for me was 64C and that was running Furmark, in games around 50C is the average rarely it will climb up to around 55C.

Edit: Just realized you already ordered it. Oops oh well, still kinda relevant, but not really lol.

CPU: Intel i5 4670(non K) Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (2x4Gb) @1600Mhz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC WF3 ~1293Mhz max boost clock~ PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair 300R Windowed Edition OS: Windows 8.1