Asus p8z68-lx

Daniel_R

hi guys I have put this rig together and i am having trouble to make it boot.

here is a video of what is happening:

So far I tried this with no luck:

I tried a different PSU, differenr RAM, CPU, and GPU, so i'm guessing the mobo is somehow dodgy. it was working fine when i first got it. looking for help.

thank you

Your RAM is in the wrong slots in that video, use the same colour slots. iirc the manual said to use the blue ones.

5 minutes ago, Rancidpunk said:

Your RAM is in the wrong slots in that video, use the same colour slots. iirc the manual said to use the blue ones.

Doesn't matter on this platform, and if it were a memory issue, it would stay on with no POST.

19 minutes ago, Daniel_R said:

hi guys I have put this rig together and i am having trouble to make it boot.

here is a video of what is happening:

So far I tried this with no luck:

I tried a different PSU, differenr RAM, CPU, and GPU, so i'm guessing the mobo is somehow dodgy. it was working fine when i first got it. looking for help.

thank you

When did it happen? Have any of the motherboard socket pins gotten bent?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

6 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Doesn't matter on this platform, and if it were a memory issue, it would stay on with no POST.

When did it happen? Have any of the motherboard socket pins gotten bent?

hi, ty for the replies, no other mobo pins been bent, i checked everything, could the motheboard been faulty now? ty

Just now, Daniel_R said:

hi, ty for the replies, no other mobo pins been bent, i checked everything, could the motheboard been faulty now? ty

I mean, it could be. We don't know for certain. Another guess is a bad heatsink installation. If it isn't touching the CPU, then it will overheat. The telltale of this, is that it lasts longer from cold, and subsequent powerups get much shorter.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

9 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

It shouldn't matter but since it's a first boot in a new build it would be better to have the ram in the correct channels.

5 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

I mean, it could be. We don't know for certain. Another guess is a bad heatsink installation. If it isn't touching the CPU, then it will overheat. The telltale of this, is that it lasts longer from cold, and subsequent powerups get much shorter.

Ok I will try that in a minute, any way of resetting the bios to factory settings? besides the jumper& battery way? cuz all the other items works absolutely fine

cpu fan connected properly and still doing the same issue =/

yeah I reckon the mobo is gone gone, tried everything and still doing the same issue, thanks for the help anyway guys

just tried a different motheboard, everything seems spotless

shame !

anyone fancy a dodgy mobo ? 🤣