Fan Control

Hey All,

Tried Speedfan, will not work with my MSI MPG Z390 Gaming AC MoBo...  I have my custom fan curve set up in the Bios, but want more control over it.  There has to be something else out there...

32 minutes ago, Tarbot said:

Hey All,

Tried Speedfan, will not work with my MSI MPG Z390 Gaming AC MoBo...  I have my custom fan curve set up in the Bios, but want more control over it.  There has to be something else out there...

Can you describe what it is you want to do in more detail?

Modern bioses these days often allow for temp input selection (gpu, cpu, pcie, chipset, vrm) and allow a multipoint fan curve, controlling either the pwm signal or dc outout; there isnt much more that can be done except some boards allow fan stop and some dont etc.

If you want precise control the corsair commander pro is the best, but at ~ 60 € also the most exspensive option. Combined with the iCUE software you can control just everything about your fans. You can even control the target RPM and not just the PWM signal. If you want more control than with the BIOS you'll be stuck with some sort of internal USB fan-controller and the corresponding software.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

47 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Can you describe what it is you want to do in more detail?

Modern bioses these days often allow for temp input selection (gpu, cpu, pcie, chipset, vrm) and allow a multipoint fan curve, controlling either the pwm signal or dc outout; there isnt much more that can be done except some boards allow fan stop and some dont etc.

Hey Bart...   Want to control in windows on demand for specific high workloads that I know will spike temps.  I know my custom fan curves in the bios are good, but I'm that type "A" personality guy...

38 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

If you want precise control the corsair commander pro is the best, but at ~ 60 € also the most exspensive option. Combined with the iCUE software you can control just everything about your fans. You can even control the target RPM and not just the PWM signal. If you want more control than with the BIOS you'll be stuck with some sort of internal USB fan-controller and the corresponding software.

I have a Aquacomuter Cuplex Kryos NEXT CPU block with Vision...  I might take the plunge and purchase their controller block and software...  I will look at the Corsair though, thanks for the recommendation.

There are two options beyond SpeedFan. Argus Monitor which is paid software. And FanControl which is free.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

There are two options beyond SpeedFan. Argus Monitor which is paid software. And FanControl which is free.

Thanks Logical...  Will look at them as well.

On 6/16/2020 at 5:20 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Argus is great have the fans set for the average of CPU / GPU temp!  It did not ask me to pay the license fee...  Is it free now?  I can see everything and it works...

7 hours ago, Tarbot said:

Argus is great have the fans set for the average of CPU / GPU temp!  It did not ask me to pay the license fee...  Is it free now?  I can see everything and it works...

You can test our Software for a 30-day period. If you are willing to continue using the program after that time, you are required to purchase a license key.

Right there on their front page.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/19/2020 at 2:56 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Right there on their front page.

Love it... signed up already...  Hands down a great app!