Which 2+1 speakers should I get?

Fuzzyy

So I am looking for a budget 2+1 speaker solution for my PC. I will connect it via aux and watch movies, listen on music etc...

I really like the looks of logitech Z333, but some people claim Z533s sound better.

They are really overpriced in my country due to exchange rates. Z333s sell for $73 and Z533s sell for $100 US.

I really wanted to buy the Edifier R1280T but the price is $176 US where i live, but if the difference is worth it compared to Z533s, I will try to stretch my budget.

Thanks for the suggestions.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X - GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA - Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I - Ram: Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz - CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S - PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum - SSDs: WD Black SN750 500GB w/ EKWB Heatsink - Case: FormD T1

Laptop: 2020 M1 Macbook Air 8/256

24 minutes ago, Fuzzyy said:

So I am looking for a budget 2+1 speaker solution for my PC

I vote for saving money for something you really want.
While you are saving, browse comparisons and opinions
on different gear, you might find even better solution.

Save up for Z623, you won't find a better system for that price.  i have them at home and they are incredible, perfect for films, TV and music. 

Note that the Edifier R1280T are 2.0. So if you are specifically looking for a set with a subwoofer, these alone will not be enough.

I own the R1280T, and while I have not compared them with the Z533s, I can tell you my main experiences:

• Since there is no sub, this took some real getting used to at first.
  • The clarity of the sound, especially in the mid-frequencies, is really great value for money.

Overall: I really like them. I do feel that my expectations are tainted now, because I cannot go back to anything that just has a lot of bass, but no clear mid/high tones.  I do not want to go back to any logitech set at this point.If you do like a lot of bass, I recommend not to buy the Edifiers.

16 minutes ago, less_pointy said:

Note that the Edifier R1280T are 2.0. So if you are specifically looking for a set with a subwoofer, these alone will not be enough.

I own the R1280T, and while I have not compared them with the Z533s, I can tell you my main experiences:

• Since there is no sub, this took some real getting used to at first.
  • The clarity of the sound, especially in the mid-frequencies, is really great value for money.

Overall: I really like them. I do feel that my expectations are tainted now, because I cannot go back to anything that just has a lot of bass, but no clear mid/high tones.  I do not want to go back to any logitech set at this point.If you do like a lot of bass, I recommend not to buy the Edifiers.

But they have a built in woofer, don't they? I will also watch movies with them. If they don't produce enough bass, I will probably go with the logitech ones, thanks for sharing your experience.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X - GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA - Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I - Ram: Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz - CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S - PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum - SSDs: WD Black SN750 500GB w/ EKWB Heatsink - Case: FormD T1

7 minutes ago, Fuzzyy said:

But they have a built in woofer, don't they?

No.
Edifier R1280T frequency response is 75 - 18000 Hz
That doesnt sound too amazing to me.

Yes, they have a built in woofer. But note that this is something else than a subwoofer, which is larger and comes in a separate casing. The setup "2+1" or "2.1" typically refers to 2 speakers (left+right) + 1 subwoofer.

If you are not specifically looking for clear mid-tones, I would recommend one of the Logitech sets. They will give you a great experience.

7 minutes ago, less_pointy said:

Yes, they have a built in woofer. But note that this is something else than a subwoofer, which is larger and comes in a separate casing. The setup "2+1" or "2.1" typically refers to 2 speakers (left+right) + 1 subwoofer.

If you are not specifically looking for clear mid-tones, I would recommend one of the Logitech sets. They will give you a great experience.

I am a complete newbie to this audio stuff. I know that Z333s have 40W RMS(8Wx2 speakers+24W sub) and 80W Peak where Z533s has 60W RMS(15Wx2 speakers + 30w sub) and 120W peak, they have the same frequency response between 55hz-20khz. I am very confused, but I feel like Z533s will perform better. Which one should I choose?

3 minutes ago, Fuzzyy said:

Which one should I choose?

If i would have to decide from these two.
I would go for Z533.

6 minutes ago, kamiraasu said:

If i would have to decide from these two.
I would go for Z533.

Thanksfor the advice. I will probably order them today, hope it is worth for what I am paying for.

14 hours ago, Fuzzyy said:

Thanksfor the advice. I will probably order them today, hope it is worth for what I am paying for.

I think it will be atleast good enough. Decent bang for the buck.
I started  with similar set and moved on budget studio monitors with sub.
They go lower in spectrum, all the way to 20hz where i cant really hear them.
Low tones cause more problems than higher frequencies.
Its getting tricky at that point, i have to treat the room and calibrate
the spectrum to counter what is off after room treatment.

So, getting system like i have now, it can sound worse than what you are getting now.
Even with the fact it costs about 7 times more.

Save the receipt if you hate it for some reason, just in case ;)
It can be returned i think, other countries might have different policy.