Anyone had problems with new NVidia DCH drivers?

homeap5

I had a strange problem on one of my computers - new NVidia DCH drivers installs ok, control panel works etc. But after restart - control panel do not opens. Of course I made DDU etc. and checked everything - control panel is installed (now it's modern app), every other modern apps works, but nvidia cp don't open. And is gone from context menu too after restart. Drivers works ok with all settings I made after installation, Afterburner detects proper version of drivers. It's just that control panel.

At the end I just installed non-DCH drivers (yes, it's still possible) and they works without any problem. Even control panel works faster.

Anyone experienced that strange behavior?

Of course I read reviews of this modern NVidia control panel - average 1.5 stars out of 5 and hundreds of people who are disappointed.

BTW. I don't want to solve this problem, because it's already solved. I just want to know is there any sense to trying installing DCH drivers in the future for NVidia.

There is no benefit to the DCH driver.

Why you have to install the nvidia control panel from the MS store with the dch driver I have no idea.

I always install the non-dch driver.

@C2dan88: This is how it works, but I don't must install it - now it's somehow installed with drivers. But it's store app anyway.

Also - most of users have no choice since dch drivers are installed by default now.