6950 Really Slow Lately, Bad Drivers Or Is It The Card?

Norco

Over the last week or so, after updating from 12.10 to 13.4 Catalyst Drivers my card has been eerily slow, struggling in games like Garry's Mod never mind The Witcher 2.  After a refresh of windows and installing 13.4 again, this keeps occurring, in and out of game.

auqFcMR.jpg

Is it the card or the drivers? Anyone experienced something like this before? 

Try with the older drivers.If it doesn't work so probably is the card.

Have you by any chance enabled "unofficial overclocking mode" on msi afterburner?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Visual corruption is usually due to hardware failure.

That's what I feared, at least it's still in warranty.

Have you by any chance enabled "unofficial overclocking mode" on msi afterburner?

I did but after re-installing windows I didn't re-enable that option.

Try with the older drivers.If it doesn't work so probably is the card.

I did try that a couple of times but it proved difficult to actually remove 13.4 completely, the unofficial uninstall tool didn't really help either.  I'll try another fresh install of windows before I give up. 

If you enables MSI AB "Unoffical mode" AMD Powerplay has a tendancy to cause havoc. Make sure its disabled.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

If you enables MSI AB "Unoffical mode" AMD Powerplay has a tendancy to cause havoc. Make sure its disabled.

Yea it's definitely disabled.

What's more worrying is that I had a GTX570 for around the same amount of time (~8 months) then it broke, and now this card is the same.  Definitely replacing my PSU and hopefully motherboard ASAP. 

Yea it's definitely disabled.

What's more worrying is that I had a GTX570 for around the same amount of time (~8 months) then it broke, and now this card is the same.  Definitely replacing my PSU and hopefully motherboard ASAP. 

Was just about to say that it could be your PSU.

You can use Driver Fusion to fully remove the drivers but remember to run it twice which you should be left with only 1 item left on the list which is fine.