PSU troubleshooting/replacement

TraskJ

After I moved recently, my power supply has been making a strange buzzing noise. I believe it's the fan, not coil whine, but after inspecting the unit closely and looking for anything the fan may be rubbing, I'm at a loss. My unit is an EVGA SuperNova NEX 650G (part number 120-G1-0650). Additionally, when I picked up the unit and turned it over (after powering down, shutting off the power supply, and unplugging the computer), it sounded as though something were sliding around inside it. I'm worried there may be a loose part in the power supply, which I imagine would be bad. I would rather not disassemble it, as that would void the warranty. Is there anything else I can do to isolate and potentially solve the problem? If not, can anyone recommend a good power supply? I've checked out the PSU tier list, but everything I've found from there seems to be out of stock on both Amazon and Newegg. I'll leave my PC specs below. 

Thank you for any help. 

PC: Ryzen 5 3600X, 2x8 gb DDR4 2667, RTX 2060 Super (will be upgraded to RTX?3080? whenever that comes out), four SSDs and a hard drive. 

EDIT: Spelling and grammar

Everything I know I learned from the internet. Also school. 

Current Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.65 ghz, Cryorig H7

MoBo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super OC

RAM: 2x8 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @2666mhz

PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNova

Storage: 120gb SK Hynix SSD, 240gb SanDisk SSD Plus, 1 TB 2015 WD Blue

Case: Corsair Carbide 100R

Peripherals: Logitech G Pro keyboard, Razer DeathAdder Elite, Logitech G305, Logitech G600, 24" AOC FreeSync 1080p monitor x2

9 minutes ago, TraskJ said:

would rather not disassemble it

Be careful if you do, if you touch the wrong thing you can potentially kill yourself even if the unit has no power to it, the capacitors will still hold some sort of charge

only thing would be taking it apart like unscrewing the case/cover to look at/replace the fan or see if something falls out without touching any of the main power supply components

if its after you moved, theres a chance something could have fallen in there or theres dust in the fan bearing etc

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

Just now, DakotaWebber said:

Be careful if you do, if you touch the wrong thing you can potentially kill yourself even if the unit has no power to it, the capacitors will still hold some sort of charge

only thing would be taking it apart like unscrewing the case/cover to look at/replace the fan or see if something falls out without touching any of the main power supply components

if its after you moved, theres a chance something could have fallen in there or theres dust in the fan bearing etc

When I say "would rather not disassemble" what I really mean is "I'd rather just buy a new one if it's going to come to that." I'm thoroughly spooked by the interior of power supplies in general. 

Yeah, it's pretty likely something wound up in there somehow- though how that happened with the dust filter on is beyond me. Must be something from the case interior. 

Everything I know I learned from the internet. Also school. 

Current Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.65 ghz, Cryorig H7

MoBo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super OC

RAM: 2x8 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @2666mhz

PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNova

Storage: 120gb SK Hynix SSD, 240gb SanDisk SSD Plus, 1 TB 2015 WD Blue

Case: Corsair Carbide 100R

Peripherals: Logitech G Pro keyboard, Razer DeathAdder Elite, Logitech G305, Logitech G600, 24" AOC FreeSync 1080p monitor x2

If it's something with the fan, get it RMAd if it's still within the warranty period. Since the G1 NEX is discontinued, they will hopefully give a different PSU that isn't garbage as a replacement.

:)