Mantle fixed? 14.2 v1.3

Artoine

Just wanted to let you guys know the beta drivers have been updated to v1.3:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst™ 14.2 Beta V1.3 Driver for Windows®

• Thief:  Crossfire Profile update and performance improvements for single GPU configurations
    • Mantle:  Multi-GPU configurations (up to 4 GPUs) running Battlefield 4 are now supported
    • Frame Pacing for Dual Graphics and non-XDMA configurations above 2560x1600 are now supported with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4
    • Dual graphics DirectX 9 application issues have been resolved
    • Minecraft:  Missing textures have been resolved
    • 3D applications no longer see intermittent hangs or application crashes
    • Resolves corruption issues seen in X-plane

Known Issues 

• Notebooks based on AMD Enduro or PowerXpress™ technologies are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath
    • Thief does not render the right eye when CrossFire and Stereo 3D is enabled

I hope for me that BF4 mantle doesn't stutter anymore, mantle did great for my cpu bottleneck :) + minecraft apparently works again!

EDIT: Mantle in BF4 still stutters

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Sigh.. Battlefield 4 doesn't work anymore for me with the new driver, it loads the map and when it's done loading it crashes.. rolling back :/

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Sigh.. Battlefield 4 doesn't work anymore for me with the new driver, it loads the map and when it's done loading it crashes.. rolling back :/

Go in to your bf4 folder----  user config file--- delete the "UI. Drawenable 1" line ----- save----- start game

The latest BF4 patch is causing it.

Gonna wait a little longer because im still having issues with a couple of games crashing.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

Do the R9 270's work well yet? Have a friend with one who will be excited.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

hmmm well im happy for the thief improvemnts. still want the mantle patch for the game though..... damn eidos

I don't care so much about mantle for thief, but I'm very interested in true audio.

I don't care so much about mantle for thief, but I'm very interested in true audio

well you should since alot of CPU's are bottlenecking the game shown by peoples benchmarks

Couldn't even use that first driver set for mantel, literally stopped me from playing a select few games I play alot (ARMA 3 etc)

Might have to install this now! Did Dice fix the colour saturation problems?

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

Might have to install this now! Did Dice fix the colour saturation problems?

that is a dice problem

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

well you should since alot of CPU's are bottlenecking the game shown by peoples benchmarks

my game runs fine on fx 8320

Going to probably wait for a stable driver because after downgrading from 14.1 I get crashes more easily and Mantle isn't required for my games yet.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

My star swarm mantle performance gain jumped from 127% to 254% with the new driver... :wub: (Q6600/r9 290)

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850

Ok now please release a finished, non beta driver :/

You want them to release a product that doesn't work? No thanks. It'll stay Beta until anything major is ironed out

Go in to your bf4 folder----  user config file--- delete the "UI. Drawenable 1" line ----- save----- start game

The latest BF4 patch is causing it.

Can you give a more specific file directory? I can't seem to find it :/

43wp.png

still stuttering with mantle in bf4

Go into CCC. Go into system settings. Under Texture filtering set it to: Use application settings instead of AMD Optimized. 

Maybe Mantle will finally start working on my 7950. I hope so!

I have been running Mantle from day one on both of my 7950s.

Ok now please release a finished, non beta driver :/

it's been in beta for less than a month.

You want them to release a product that doesn't work? No thanks. It'll stay Beta until anything major is ironed out

No I meant I'm a bit tired of waiting 3-4 month for every new driver to come out. Nvidia release their drivers more frequently and that's what I would like to see with AMD.

Go into CCC. Go into system settings. Under Texture filtering set it to: Use application settings instead of AMD Optimized. 

I have been running Mantle from day one on both of my 7950s.

Mine stutters and I checked my CCC and under texture filtering the options that could select 'Use application settings' were already on. I guess you're lucky

After this driver I have aboslute zero stutter in BF4 with Mantle, Ultra and Crossfire

Perfectly smooth (Played for an hour yesterday, conquest 64)

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64