Primary display turns off when Gaming?

Hey LTT forum,

I believe this is my first post and I'm coming here for advice because I'm at my wits end with this problem that I can't seem to diagnose.

This problem has gone away and come back a few times but it's become more frequent recently, whenever I SPECIFICALLY play games with my dual monitor setup, the monitor playing the game goes black for a short amount of time which is incredible infuriating. The secondary monitor has never had this issue and swapping out the cables hasn't fixed the problem either. The main display is using a Dual Link DVI cable and the secondary display is using a HDMI cable.

Here are the monitors I'm using: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1282827-REG/benq_bl2420pt_24_qhd_designer.html/specs

I thought this was a graphics card issue but MSI afterburner doesn't display anything out of the ordinary whenever this happens, I've contacted Benq support and they can't diagnose the issue either, I can't find anything while googling the issue and my drivers are all up to date. Which is why I came to the LTT forums for some sage wisdom.

I built my machine in 2016 so the specs are a bit dated

Here's the setup:

MSI GTX 1070

Intel Core i7 6700k

Mobo: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Operating system on: SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB

Power supply: Supernova 750 G2

I plan on upgrading my system over time which is why I have a big power supply, if this IS a graphics card issue then that would allow me to swap it out for something newer now rather than later.

If you need additional info or screenshots let me know, I really just want to fix this issue instead of waiting for the pandemic to end before I can send out my Monitor to Benq.

Thanks!!

Also wanted to mention what kinds of games turn off my monitor. (sorry forgot this part)

Mostly esports titles will turn off my monitor such as LoL or Rocket League but not other games like Darkest Dungeon or Higher Intensity games like Control (natively playing at 2k resolution on Medium to High Settings)

Not sure how much this will help but like I said before if you need any additional info please let me know, Thanks!