epson L385 wifi printing problem

frozensun

My sister had no issues printing from cellphone over wifi option with L385 printer.

She switched to other home and brought printer with it.

I came to help turned ON WIFI button on printer but it keeps flashing red-yellow button and we can not print over cellphone.

What is the problem?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Hi, I hope this helps: https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wfp4020/wfp4020ug/source/printers/source/troubleshooting/reference/problem_light_status_wp4020.html

I recommend connecting printer again to WiFi using WPS (push button setup) as described in manual: http://support2.epson.net/manuals/english/spc/l385/pdf/npd5491-00.pdf

Go through other methods if WPS doesn't work or isn't available. I assume wireless printing over the network doesn't work at all, even from PC?

31 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Hi, I hope this helps: https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wfp4020/wfp4020ug/source/printers/source/troubleshooting/reference/problem_light_status_wp4020.html

I recommend connecting printer again to WiFi using WPS (push button setup) as described in manual: http://support2.epson.net/manuals/english/spc/l385/pdf/npd5491-00.pdf

Go through other methods if WPS doesn't work or isn't available. I assume wireless printing over the network doesn't work at all, even from PC?

she told me shee printer documents over her cellphone...does the printer have it's own wifi network to connect to,over cellphone?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

she told me shee printer documents over her cellphone...does the printer have it's own wifi network to connect to,over cellphone?

Usually you connect printer to home network (ethernet cable or via WiFi). If both printer and phone connected to same WiFi network you can print from phone wireless no problem.

Some printers have their own WiFi network ("WiFi direct").

so what steps do I need to do to troubleshoot the issue?

I will look at manual...

20 minutes ago, frozensun said:

so what steps do I need to do to troubleshoot the issue?

I will look at manual...

1 hour ago, ShortRouter said:

I didn't have time to test it over network and laptop,I was in a hurry and sister needed urgently printer so I hooked it up over cable.

All what I've been told is that she used iPrint app on android and she printed over wifi from cellphone.

But now she is on other network (wifi).

You will have to connect printer to her WiFi network or via ethernet cable to the router.

6 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

You will have to connect printer to her WiFi network or via ethernet cable to the router.

How do I connect it to her wifi...I pushed many times wifi button but nothing happens...wifi button keeps flashing red-yellow and it stops.