Need some

Skeith_

Budget (including currency): 3000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming.

Other details: I will carry over my Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU, my Aorus ad27qd monitor and my peripherals.

Hello, I haven't built a new rig in quite a long while (minus upgrading here and there), so I need some pointers in case I've been missing anything.

I already have the monitor, GPU, etc.

I also bought 2 sets of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 (so 32 GB total).

What I've been thinking of buying -

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz

Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case

I know that it may be a bit of an overkill, but It'd really like doing it.
If anyone has any suggestions, feedback or if there's an compatibility issue that I'm not seeing I'd love to hear.

I've also been thinking of changing the Noctua to water cooling, but I've never installed one and I'm not confident enough about my skill to try yet.

Noctua is usually better than AIO liquid coolers, so i would stick with that. If you want better performance then you would have to do a custom loop, but that requires maintenance etc, so Noctua is certainly the easier and more reliable option.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Thanks, I'll stick with that then.

2 hours ago, NZgamer said:

What country and currency?

I'm from Israel. Some parts I'll be from Amazon though, so I've put USD in the price tag

I would get a 3700X instead of the 3950X, yes it’s less cores but there’s hardly any benefit in getting the 3950X. But the price difference definitely makes it worth it.

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10