Dual Monitor Setup with One Curved, One Flat?

DumboDodo

TL;DR BELOW

I currently have a 24 inch 144hz 1ms monitor (ASUS MG248QE) and want to buy another one. I will use it only for multitasking (holding a few more windows and some extra space for projects, editing, multitasking, etc.) so I figured a nice, cheap 60hz one would be decent since I won't use it for gaming, graphic designing, wrywatching JoJo, or such. I'm considering a curved monitor (Samsung C24F390FHA) but I don't know how that would work out. My current one is flat, and I want a second one that is curved. Ignore aesthetics and suppose I have a ton of space, which I do, would it be a good idea? The only thing I care about is comfort while simultaneously using both screens. Will the second screen's curve look bad if I don't look straight at it the way I do when I have a single monitor? Will it look weird from a slight angle? I'm honestly quite hesitant because I can't picture how it's going to be until it's already on my desk. Again, ignore aesthetics + I have a ton of space, my desk is huge. The only aspect I'm looking for is if it'll look (from my sitting pov) and feel normal? I know a lot of elements factor into this, especially the way I place both screens, but I'm looking for general insight. Thanks for baring with me!

TL;DR - I currently have a single flat monitor, and want to buy a second one that's curved, both 24 inches. Will it be alright or is it a bad idea? I don't care for aesthetics and I have a lot of space on my desk.

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

Well I use dual monitor myself (curved 34" ultrawide as main and a 24" flat IPS on the side.) Can assure you that looking at the curved monitor at any angle except perfectly straight is weird. If you use the curved one as main monitor it's no problem. But for secondary screen I recommend flat + at 16:9 and 24 inches a curve is not much benefit anyway unless it's a pretty extreme curve.

curved monitors are 100% subjective.....

4 minutes ago, DumboDodo said:

Will the second screen's curve look bad if I don't look straight at it the way I do when I have a single monitor? Will it look weird from a slight angle?

In my opinion curved monitors really never look good due to their small size. perhaps if the monitor was 8 feet long the curve could be somehow justified but my eyeballs aren't anamorphic lenses that desperately need the monitor to be curved in only a single direction to be useable. a flat screen is perfectly normal to me. But who know's maybe you have different eyeballs I have no idea

4 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Well I use dual monitor myself (curved 34" ultrawide as main and a 24" flat IPS on the side.) Can assure you that looking at the curved monitor at any angle except perfectly straight is weird. If you use the curved one as main monitor it's no problem. But for secondary screen I recommend flat + at 16:9 and 24 inches a curve is not much benefit anyway unless it's a pretty extreme curve.

alright that settles it, imma go for a flat one

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead