image.png.9ae49bf8d82d3508e5e8997bdbced649.png

So, the background of it is really long, but basically due to wide system corruption on my local plex vm, I had to migrate it to a new server, and decided that this time i will use  deluge as my torrent client, and not utorrent...

mind you that the system corruption has been going for about two to three months now, since a power outage, and i did anything in my ability to try and rescue the server itself for the last 3 months, so i did not really used utorrent...

So, the way it was set up on my old server, and is still set up now is that I have plex running on my ubuntu server (moved to container of ubuntu this time, but still...), with utorrent (now deluge) client running as well, with pia socks5 proxy set up, for... security reasons...

Anyways, I just finished migrating all the data and setting up the plex server, and wanted to test the new client, went to set it up and try a test download to make sure its all working and playing well with eachother, but the torrent wont run, it recognize the files, and just wont run!

After debugging and googling for a while I decided to contact pia to see if they have a solution for running vpn on headless ubuntu server, after the 'agent' told me there is a problem with the socks5 proxy for about a month and a week now, and this was her reply!!!!!!!

"Actual operating system"?!?!?!?!

Please tell me I'm not just geeking out here and being insulted in behalf of linux..

Thanks,

Sagi, advanced system administrator of not actual operating systems...

what the hell. wonder if you should ditch pia? it's possible something like mullvad or torguard would be better for someone running a not real operating system.

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

Just now, rapidkillerx said:

what the hell. wonder if you should ditch pia? it's possible something like mullvad or torguard would be better for someone running a not real operating system.

well, you know, I would have to check with them, if they can run only on real operating systems...