My Version of the OG XBOX PC build

HarmsWay

This is my first time posting on this site. I've only recently discovered the LTT channel a couple months ago but I became a huge fan immediately. I was 18 when the original Xbox launched and it was the first console I ever bought for myself. Watching the video and looking at some other people's builds really inspired me to give it a go as well, if only for the nostalgia of having what would appear to be an OG Xbox in the living room.

I didn't really like the looks of some of the cutouts for the I/O that some of the builds had, so I decided to use some USB and HDMI extension hubs I found on amazon.jp and keep the cutting on the back of the case to a minimum. I also saw that every build like this used an ITX board. I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it, but I found an ATX board that hit every wicket for what I wanted on the motherboard. The first couple of pictures are how I arranged it in the upper casing. I didn't really have to do that much trimming around the rims of the case to make the two halves come together with the mobo in place, it fit in just right. The PSU and GPU were mounted in the RF tray easily enough; you cant really tell to well from the pictures, but I have about 15mm of space between the RF tray and the edges of the PSU/GPU for fans. Cable management was without a doubt the most difficult part of bringing it all together. There was very little space before closing the two halves of the case together to move cables away from the CPU cooler and GPU fans. With the learning curve of figuring out what cables need to get adjusted where, closing it up took a full hour. 

XBox PC1.jpg

XBox PC2.jpg

XBox PC3.jpg

XBox PC4.jpg

XBox PC5.jpg

XBox PC6.jpg

XBox PC7.jpg

XBox PC8.jpg

XBox PC9.jpg

Sorry, forgot to post the specifics:

MoBo = ASrock B365M Phantom 4 Micro ATX

CPU = Intel i5 9400F

Cooler = Noctua NH-L9i

GPU = Zotac GTX 1650 Super

Memory = G. Skill Aegis 16Gb DDR4 @ 2666

SSD = X2 Silicon Power NVMe 1TB

PSU = Silverstone FX-350G Flex ATX

WiFi = Intel Wireless-AC 9269 WiFi/Bluetooth M.2 Card

Everything else (fans, cables, PCIE extension, etc) are Japanese brands found on amazon.jp

Nice, looks good.

I love these builds and want to do one, my only issue is I want a proper gpu in it and those psus cant power it :(

Nice build you even some IO

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

On 6/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, Xkillerpn said:

Nice, looks good.

I love these builds and want to do one, my only issue is I want a proper gpu in it and those psus cant power it :(

I did find a 500W Flex PSU just a slight bit longer than the silverstone on newegg.com. My future plans do involve upgrading the graphics card to an RTX. Both Zotac and EVGA make a dual fan RTX 2060 that are less than 2 inches longer than the 1650 Super I have in it now. I am about to be between jobs for a short while, then I will get back to my tinkering.