Looking for a keyboard and mouse combo...

Purple_Llama5

Hi. 

This is my first post here... I am looking for a keyboard and mouse combo that is under $65... suggestions?

Thanks

Good job for using Night Theme

You aren't gonna find anything good. Your options are:

1. Decent/good mouse, shit keyboard

2. Decent keyboard, shit mouse

3. Mediocre keyboard, mediocre mouse.

If you go used you might find something, but you should increase your budget.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You aren't gonna find anything good. Your options are:

1. Decent/good mouse, shit keyboard

2. Decent keyboard, shit mouse

3. Mediocre keyboard, mediocre mouse.

If you go used you might find something, but you should increase your budget.

...ok 

What would you recommend be a good budget? I don't want to spend a whole lot on a keyboard and mouse... just enough to get me a decent one...

1 minute ago, Purple_Llama5 said:

...ok 

What would you recommend be a good budget? I don't want to spend a whole lot on a keyboard and mouse... just enough to get me a decent one...

You're talking to someone with keycaps as profile picture 😛 

From a more earthly perspective, I'd say $65 is plenty, but don't limit yourself to combos, rather shop separately for a keyboard and a mouse that fall within your budget.

Which keyboard and which mouse depends greatly on your preferences, as there are various keyboard styles/sizes and mouse size/shapes. 

10 minutes ago, Purple_Llama5 said:

...ok 

Are you gaming more or typing more? If typing, prioritize the keyboard. If gaming, prioritize the mouse.

I'd still push you to used for both. I can't suggest anything in specific as I have no idea what is available in your area.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You're talking to someone with keycaps as profile picture 😛 

From a more earthly perspective, I'd say $65 is plenty, but don't limit yourself to combos, rather shop separately for a keyboard and a mouse that fall within your budget.

Which keyboard and which mouse depends greatly on your preferences, as there are various keyboard styles/sizes and mouse size/shapes. 

OP isn't going to have a huge selection of switches if he goes new. Likely cheap MX clones; think Outemus or whatever. That's if he even gets a mech, he might have to live with a rubber dome if he wants to spend more on a mouse.

Didn't LTT do a roundup of cheap keyboards and mice?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Are you gaming more or typing more? If typing, prioritize the keyboard. If gaming, prioritize the mouse.

I'd still push you to used for both. I can't suggest anything in specific as I have no idea what is available in your area.

Gotcha... I am using it primarily for gaming...

I live in the US...

Thank you for the tips!

Just now, Purple_Llama5 said:

Gotcha... I am using it primarily for gaming...

I live in the US...

Thank you for the tips!

Look for used Logitech mice on /r/hardwareswap. Can also look for keyboards there but you might have more luck on /r/mechmarket. I can almost guarantee you can find an old Corsair or something from someone on mechmarket for under $50.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

OP isn't going to have a huge selection of switches if he goes new. Likely cheap MX clones; think Outemus or whatever. That's if he even gets a mech, he might have to live with a rubber dome if he wants to spend more on a mouse.

Well, I for one dislike mechanical keyboards, so for me that's a plus :) Ideally, I would always type on a Thinkpad/Latitude keyboard, but haven't come across a desktop equivalent. Arguably one of the most satisfactory keyboards I used is kind of expensive (Logitech K740), but it was €10 for me (I guess it was a return from a German user who didn't notice the US layout :P). But I'm also well served by the €30 keyboard I'm writing this with ;) 

Mice on the other hand can be very cheap unless you have very detailed requirements. I got myself a G502 and it does seem like a good piece of hardware, but ergonomically is lacking. On the other hand I have an array of €10 "Tecknet" wireless mice that I can use all day no issues, and frankly can't tell the difference once I set the dpi of both to my taste 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure the G502 will be comfortable to users with different hands or grip style, hence why I emphasized that shape/size preferences are important for recommendations.

15 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Didn't LTT do a roundup of cheap keyboards and mice?

Where did the OP say he wanted a mechnical keyboard?

You can get logitech keyboard combos for like £30 in the UK (about $45)

Are they going to be the greatest keyboard and mouse in the world, which world champions will use to storm the leaderboards of CS:GO?

No probably not.

Are they going to work fine and be of a decent build quality...yes they are Logitech.

Sure tell the poster about the best of the best, but also point out you can get decent alternatives for a relatively cheap price from well known brands.