Replacing PSU Fan

Samusky Hodder

i'm very paranoid with the rattling noise coming out of my build, and i find out that the PSU fan was making the rattling noise. i wanted to replace it with the good one.

1. what is the size of the fan
  2. does connection is using a pin connector or a direct soldering
  3. will the psu run if theres no fan plugged in to the psu board because i wanted to plug the fan to the motherboard fan header in order to get full speed control

my PSU im having right now is an Antec 550W V2

The better option is to just change the PSU 

This thing is a fire hazard

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, Samusky Hodder said:

i'm very paranoid with the rattling noise coming out of my build, and i find out that the PSU fan was making the rattling noise. i wanted to replace it with the good one.

1. what is the size of the fan
  2. does connection is using a pin connector or a direct soldering

my PSU im having right now is an Antec 550W V2

It's not recommended, one wrong move and u will end up electrocuted.

You might go unconscious or even die.....

I suggest you RMA it or send it to someone with the proper tools and protections to change the fan... 

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Just now, Void Master said:

It's not recommended, one wrong move and u will end up electrocuted.

You might go unconscious or even die.....

I suggest you RMA it or send it to someone with the proper tools and protections to change the fan... 

so how long it will be to discharge the capacitors

Just now, Samusky Hodder said:

so how long it will be to discharge the capacitors

Depends, it may be days, weeks or even months....

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

I wouldn't open up a PSU even if it was a nice, expensive one I didn't really feel like throwing out, but for a cheapo junk unit I really don't see the point in doing this.

If you don't know what you're doing, opening up a PSU and tinkering with the insides can be quite a dangerous thing to do, so I'd strongly advise ditching it and purchasing a new, maybe at least decent power supply.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC