Hello guys.I want to upgrade my motherboard asus rog strix b360 g gaming to gigabyte aorus z370 gaming 5 and i was wondering have i do a fresh windows install or just go along with old?Everything in pc would be the same. 

My system spec:

Msi MPG Z590 Gaming force

I5 11400f

Msi Rtx 2060 Gaming Z

Gigabyte aorus 2x8gb CL18 3600mhz

8x12cm fans sama rgb

Corsair CX650F Rgb

Ssd 128gb toshiba

2tb of wd green hdd

Hp omen 25 144hz 1080p

It should just work the same. Occasionally windows will freak out when you change something major and demand a new license. But that probably won't happen. 

7 minutes ago, Mbowen said:

It should just work the same. Occasionally windows will freak out when you change something major and demand a new license. But that probably won't happen. 

Tnx :)

My system spec:

Msi MPG Z590 Gaming force

I5 11400f

Msi Rtx 2060 Gaming Z

Gigabyte aorus 2x8gb CL18 3600mhz

8x12cm fans sama rgb

Corsair CX650F Rgb

Ssd 128gb toshiba

2tb of wd green hdd

Hp omen 25 144hz 1080p

just to be safe and not loose the MS windows 10 license. Convert your license to a digital license and link it to your microsoft id. Refer to this for steps on how to do this. But remember some licenses cannot be transferred. Refer below for details (Source)

• If you upgraded from a retail copy of Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, the Windows 10 license carries the retail rights from which it was derived – can be transferred. But under Microsoft’s rules, you are only entitled to a one time transfer.
    If you upgraded from an OEM Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1 license, these are licenses that come preinstalled on a new computer from a manufacturer, and then your Windows 10 license maintains the OEM rights – cannot be transferred.
    If you have a full retail copy of Windows 10, you can transfer it as many times as you want.
    If you performed an Easy Upgrade to the Windows 10 Pro Pack from Windows 10 Home, you can transfer it using Digital Licensing. This is possible because of the Pro Pack, while an upgrade, is a retail license attached to the Microsoft Account used to purchase it.